ArcaniA Add-On Fall of Setarrif Announced!

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The new JoWooD CM M.Venom introduced himself by announcing the unavoidable Arcania add-on, ArcaniA - Fall of Setarrif.
It will start right were Arcania ended.
A few additional details and three screenshots can be found in this thread in the JoWooD forum.
More information.

Pass. I bought Arcania because of the reviews here, but it's too simple. I was playing on the "gothic" difficulty level and steam rolling over anything that got in my way. I think I made it halfway through the game before I had enough. The story isn't that good, the character development is barely there and of course the combat was so easy my first grade students could take on this game.

I can really see the appeal to people who are brand new to RPGs, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
the character development is barely there and of course the combat was so easy my first grade students could take on this game.

I think the first grade student these days would be better than most people at most games......

I played through ArcaniA twice and enjoyed it for what it was (a rather light ARPG). I'll probably grab the add-on at some point, but it's no priority. Still, I don't have enough RPGs to play to pass it up.

It's a good game for the Xbox when you want to kick back and relax. But I wouldn't play it on PC.

Mindless fun has its place. It'll probably take me a year to finish it at the rate I'm going though.

Pass. I bought Arcania because of the reviews here, but it's too simple.

I'll be passing on this expansion too. I made it off the tutorial island and lost interest quickly after that.

It's funny, I waited years here in the U.S. for the Gothic 2 expansion... this expansion for Arcania comes just a few months after release of the main game and I'm totally uninterested... this series has really taken a turn for the worse.

It's funny, I waited years here in the U.S. for the Gothic 2 expansion…

I didn't. I wanted that sucker so badly, I imported it straight from Germany and played with an unofficial translation patch.

Regarding Arcania though... terribly boring game imo, even if you discount it as a Gothic game. Afaic, the Gothic series concluded at the end of G3.

I didn't. I wanted that sucker so badly, I imported it straight from Germany and played with an unofficial translation patch.

When Jowood said they were going to make a U.S. release for it, I never would have imagined at the time that it was going to take, from what I remember, like two years for it to happen. In hindsight, I should have just done what you did.

I'm near the end of the game. My only complaint about the game is the poor quest and dialog writing. Linearity and dumbed down roleplaying not much issue. They ruined the game with silly dialogs and quests. I hope they will hire a talented quest writer for the expansion.

Thats what what I thought. Its like JoWooD is a living dead when it comes to gothic. It just keeps going.

Heres a new idea for jowood.An action based game called Gothic:Night of the Dead.Everybody loves zombies theses days.As for the addon they said it was coming if you remember the city was cutoff from the campaign.

Undead ?

Or, as Skavenhorde recently put it regarding Interplay :

"A zombified unlife thing going on ..." ;)

Ahem would be nice to have a spoiler alert - us boys in the UK do not have this game yet so telling us that the 'now sane King Rhobar' has returned to court might just give the game away a little!

And yes having obtained my copy from Amazon.de I was disappointed but the reviews (PC Gamer etc) were correct, this is Gothic light. I wonder where the world is going?

Aiji Ma

I don't think it'll be much good. I'm going to buy it anyway :)

I wonder if it's Diego et al they've made playable or if they're going with their new cast of, completely uninteresting, secondary characters... I half-believe the original plan for G1 was to have Diego, Gorn etc as alternatives for the player, but it never happened.

I will probably get it. I liked Arcania. Playing Divinity II now and i realised i like these easy going games more then others. I feel the experience in Arcania was pretty much the same as i got from Risen and better experience then from Gothic 3. But i just play for fun and almost never replay games so i do not realize the short cut in replayability if there is any. Playing Arcania at Gothic difficulty level feels like i am playing a gothic (1-2) game on normal. Which is on the verge to tough for me.

I haven't had any problem with the scripting/story telling. However i do like JRPG so i think my head has gone to the south leaving my body behind.

Once I completely disregarded the game as a Gothic game, I was alright with the game. And I actually look forward to an "Arcania" add-on.

Ahem would be nice to have a spoiler alert - us boys in the UK do not have this game yet so telling us that the 'now sane King Rhobar' has returned to court might just give the game away a little!
*Looks on Steam* We... don't have it? Oh, wonder why it's on Steam then.

If I get ArcaniA at some point and enjoy it, I might pick up this addon. Might.

Back
Top Bottom