The Escapist - The Rise & Fall of Troika

Let me made the point I made earlier even clearer.

Big corporations like EA doesn't want to settle for less profit (than the one to which they are used to getting). EA is a corporation and as such it is sole responsibily is
getting profits to its shareholders. I think this is even written/stated by laws, at least in the U.S.A.

If you then promises that EA's investment eventually will turn a profit in say 2-3 years time, then my best guess is that EA would say 'no thank you' and continue to
release FIFA and other sports games etc.

On the matter of man hours, I agree completely. I have seen modders who have
made a better story quest wise than say Bethesda did in their Oblivion game or who have created lengthier & more interesting quest than Bethsoft did, especially the modder who created the mod with the three towns. (I forgot the name of mod, sorry... :bash: )

Chris Bateman (Kult: Heretic Kingdoms)

He also did the second Discworld adventure game (the one with Death missing) with Perfect Entertainment, I think that was the name of the company. His last work, as far as I know, with this (his ?) company was Discworld Noir, which is increadibly hard to get, nowadays, because GT Interactine went out of business shortly after the release, and Perfect Entertainment as well (no money anymore).

Yep, Perfect Entertainment. Chris is now Managing Director of International Hobo, who work as script and design consultants for hire - apparently they are often uncredited, so I mentioned Kult as his last "public" game. He has a couple of books out on game design and audience theory. They also just released a little indie puzzle-y thing called Play with Fire.

Back
Top Bottom