Good Old Games - Might & Magic 6 Pack LE Now Available

magerette

Hedgewitch
Good Old Games lives up to last month's promo and now has the Limited Edition of New World Computing's classic rpg series, Might & Magic, available in a six pack containing Might & Magic 1-6.
The price is $9.99.
Here's the description:
Might and Magic is a series of first person perspective role playing games, dating back to 1986. The games are fantasy-themed, but there is a bit of science fiction lurking just beyond the veil of sorcery and monsters. In each installment you lead a party of adventurers on various quests, on one of many worlds scattered in the Might and Magic universe. The games use solid mechanics, similar to pen-and-paper RPGs, and offer great character development possibilities. The Limited Edition 6-Pack consists of Might and Magic 1 to 6, plus the bonus adventure Swords of Xeen...
Thanks to forum member mytgroo for the heads up.
More information.

Awesome, it's downloading time :)

I'm going to buy it right away. :)

I won a free game on Twitter a while back and was trying to decide what to buy when I heard about this coming last month ... needless to say I grabbed it *all* today!

They're ... open. ;)

M&M 6 is a lot better than the previous ones 4 and 5. I gave up after those. Not sure why, but they weren't as fun as Wizardry. Maybe too arcade like when compared to Wizardry.

This might sound odd, but I did play M&M9 and 6 is a lot like that game but better.

Amazing graphics? Maybe, but I think 6 is pretty good for how old it is and gameplay is ten times better. It may not have as many character classes, or even races, as 9 but it defintaly made me rethink my opion of M&M.

Hope they get 7 and 8 on GoG as well.

M&M 6 is a lot better than the previous ones 4 and 5. I gave up after those. Not sure why, but they weren't as fun as Wizardry. Maybe too arcade like when compared to Wizardry.

This might sound odd, but I did play M&M9 and 6 is a lot like that game but better.

That's interesting - I couldn't really stand 6! 4&5 are the best of the lot IMHO, 3 is one of the hardest games out there, and I spent rather too much of my life on 2 which had the hack/slash/loot balance down to a tee.

That's interesting - I couldn't really stand 6! 4&5 are the best of the lot IMHO, 3 is one of the hardest games out there, and I spent rather too much of my life on 2 which had the hack/slash/loot balance down to a tee.
I also loved 4 & 5. Then I couldn't get into 6, was bored by 7 and gave up. 8 was a rip-off, 9 a disaster.

I don't know maybe I'm just strange. When compared to wizardry it's childlike and boring. Although this was a very long time ago when I played 4 and 5. I'll be playing those after 6, maybe this time it'll be more fun. I highly doubt it though.

6 seems better. At least the art direction is a lot better. Gameplay as well. The character promotions and quests are entertaining. Story is a little weak, but not too bad. Although I'm sure there is going to be a big bad foozle to kill at the end. Right now it's just figuring out what the deamons are and those temple of Baa fanatics.

I still think Wizardry kicks M&M butt in just about everything like art, gameplay and character progression, but 6 is a step in the right direction. I regret giving up on the series after 5.

I...

I still think Wizardry kicks M&M butt in just about everything like art, gameplay and character progression, but 6 is a step in the right direction. I regret giving up on the series after 5.

I agree - M&M has to me always been kind of Wizardry Light. Still, they were great fun, 4 and 5 especially. IMNSHO, of course.

Back
Top Bottom