The Memory of Eldurim - Kickstarter Now Live

@cozzbp

A suggestion, you (and your team) might want to take some of the Question/Answers from this thread to make a kickstarter update. Not everyone hang out on the Watch.

Thanks! Yeah we were probably going to do a screenshot and commonly asked questions update sometime today, thanks for the advice.

While I'm definitely not a fan of anything co-op, the rest sounds pretty cool. It seems like if a kickstarter doesn't hit 10% on the first day, they never recover. Hope you buck this trend. Your only shot is to get the attention of the mainstream gaming press. Good luck! Your writer is meh but your artist rocks.

deleted comment because mistakenly thought this was a MMORPG.

deleted comment because mistakenly thought this was a MMORPG.

Oh yeah, I saw before it got deleted. It will have a co-op component similar to Diablo or Borderlands where friends on your LAN can hop into your world and help you out, but it's primarily a singleplayer game.

Yeah, so bosses will have random loot, and some bosses will have specific legendaries that they carry (that are still randomized to an extent, they would have a unique effect, but the damage and what not would be random on the weapon)

That sounds like a good balance.

One thing we really want is to have dynamic towns. If you trade with the merchants of a certain town, do quests for them, etc. their town will actually grow (more buildings will pop up and their borders will expand).

I love you. :smitten:
Seriously, *that* sounds terrific. If you hadn't won me over already, this would have.

I backed this one yesterday. Its one that actually has me more excited than the other ones I've backed recently just from the bullet items. They really hit my sweet spot and am considering upping my pledge even more. The only disappointment is I think its unlikely they will make $4 MM like a Torment or Project Eternity and could use it to really polish it off but like what I see so far and hope they get what they ask for.

Assuming the same amount every day, they'll hit $90,000. Hopefully, they've set up interviews and such with several of the gaming media sites. RPGWatch is fervent, but small.

Assuming the same amount every day, they'll hit $90,000. Hopefully, they've set up interviews and such with several of the gaming media sites. RPGWatch is fervent, but small.

Yeah, I've personally sent press releases and news tips to around 40 different gaming sites today, with no hits so far...So we are really looking for ways to get features by other media sites. Any suggestions as far as that goes would be very helpful. The other gaming sites that are really picking us up are German and Italian ones, and we did an interview for an italian website.

I do agree about getting on the larger sites, but it's not easy. As some sites won't even mention a project till it's half funded at least.

Still According to the logs we get about 30-200 visitors every hour on top of the forum members that log on. Were small I agree but it helps.

Yeah, I've personally sent press releases and news tips to around 40 different gaming sites today, with no hits so far…So we are really looking for ways to get features by other media sites. Any suggestions as far as that goes would be very helpful. The other gaming sites that are really picking us up are German and Italian ones, and we did an interview for an italian website.

Did you guys try PC Gamer, DSO Gaming, Indierpgs, Incgamers, TruePCGaming, RPGamer, or DualShockers. They cover kickstarters with previews, and interviews.

Last edited:
Did you guys try PC Gamer, DSO Gaming, Indierpgs, Incgamers, TruePCGaming, RPGamer, or DualShockers. They cover kickstarters with previews, and interviews.

I just sent our press release to them as well. Hopefully some stick. We have made a few reddit posts, and will probably do a reddit AMA or something tomorrow.

But we really really appreciate the support this community has given us. It's been tremendous and we are really grateful.

Just a suggestion: redo that cover art you have on the Kickstarter page or just post a screenshot or something.

Just a suggestion: redo that cover art you have on the Kickstarter page or just post a screenshot or something.

Yeah, we've gotten similar feedback elsewhere. We're exploring what would be good. You think a nice screenshot would draw people in?

Yep, this has zero chance :( You can't be sitting at 8% at almost a week and have a prayer. Too bad. Kickstarters require nearly constant updates, videos, interviews. It is a 16 hour a day commitment from the team for 30 days. Anything less typically ends in a failure. Even Project Eternity stopped all production from most of the team so they could solely focus on getting the word out, and those guys were all well known.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom