dtp - GamesCom Lineup: 2 RPGs

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Unfortunately we've overlooked dtp's PRs about their lineup for the upcoming GamesCom in Cologne. They'll show two RPG add-ons and a couple of adventures.
RPG fans can look forward to a special treat. They will be able to try out Drakensang: Phileasson’s Secret, the official add on for Drakensang: The River of Time, which will be released in German-speaking territories on August, 20th.
The Divinity 2 add-on is only playable for those who received the German PR. ;)
Mit Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance bringt dtp entertainment am 20. August 2010, also noch während der GamesCom, das Add On zum Rollenspiel-Erfolg Divinity II: Ego Draconis in die Regale der Händler. Auch dieses Add On ist auf der Messe spielbar zu erleben.
As you already know the DACH release date for Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance has since been pushed forward to this Friday.
Other games shown at the dtp booth:

• Black Mirror 3
  • Gray Matter, the new adventure by Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight)
  • Summer Challenge - Athletics Tournament
  • TNT Racers
All mentioned games will be playable!
More information.

Oh NO, NO NO NO and NO!

After Black Mirror 1 AND 2 both had SUCH an ending…. NOT EVER.

Same reason goes to Divinity II. One of the worst ending I had EVER seen.

Maybe because of tht ? ;)

Have you already looked into the FAQ of FOV ? ;)

No mention of the Otherland MMO? Think it's backed by dtp and last thing I heard was supposed to be released in 2011

SPOILER WARNING ABOUT DIVINITY II

Maybe because of tht ? ;)

Have you already looked into the FAQ of FOV ? ;)

Don't get me wrong. Divinity II was a really cool RPG. But this end. I won't spoil, but I just felt like someone had slapped me straight in the face mocking me. I felt so BETRAYED for playing the game and loving the world… and then… then… EVERYONE IS DEAD. Ok here. I said it. Sue me.

Really. ALL I did, ALL the people I helped in their little needs was IN VAIN because the entire damn place was BURNED TO CINDER anyway. NOT EVER AGAIN do they see a cent or I'll be damned after THAT ending.

And what will that FAQ say? That all people were rescued? That it all was a dream like Bobby Ewing's death? You know, Black Mirror 1 & 2, Divinity II… I am just SICK of dtp making games where all I do is for NADA in the end. I just so felt cheated and betrayed every time after I tried to take care of my characters and the NPCs. I try to identify with the story or main char and do my best, being that old Ultima Avatar… and then this. Bringing down all the enemies flying cities, helping all the little people… all for nothing.

No. Just plain and simple no and I hope they never sell a game to anyone EVER AGAIN.

Now I read it is an expansion pack. Great, as if I had KEPT any savegames or even the game itself! Bah. And great, NOW they say we are going to be revealed what the plot of all those smartasses were who USED us against the evil just to totally and utterly fail. NOW. Isnt it a TINY WEE LITTLE BIT LATE?

See. After all the time I am still pissed about it like a coke you shook too much.

Last edited:
This ending will be in minds of most people who played it even decades after the game might not exist anymore.

If there was a list of "top 10 most memorable endings in video games", this would be in it.

I think the ending was pretty refreshing…… It had a nice little twist…… Why should there always be happy-soap-opera like endings……… it had a nice george-r-r-martin-like (Anyone read song of ice and fire, the bloody wedding ?) effect……

Nonetheless i began the addon Flames of vengeance yesterday, and it starts slowly but i can really recommend it to anyone who loved the game machanics and Div II…..

If you need help, you can ask me.

SPOILER WARNING ABOUT DIVINITY II

Don't get me wrong. Divinity II was a really cool RPG. But this end. I won't spoil, but I just felt like someone had slapped me straight in the face mocking me. I felt so BETRAYED for playing the game and loving the world… and then… then… EVERYONE IS DEAD. Ok here. I said it. Sue me.

Really. ALL I did, ALL the people I helped in their little needs was IN VAIN because the entire damn place was BURNED TO CINDER anyway. NOT EVER AGAIN do they see a cent or I'll be damned after THAT ending.

And what will that FAQ say? That all people were rescued? That it all was a dream like Bobby Ewing's death? You know, Black Mirror 1 & 2, Divinity II… I am just SICK of dtp making games where all I do is for NADA in the end. I just so felt cheated and betrayed every time after I tried to take care of my characters and the NPCs. I try to identify with the story or main char and do my best, being that old Ultima Avatar… and then this. Bringing down all the enemies flying cities, helping all the little people… all for nothing.

No. Just plain and simple no and I hope they never sell a game to anyone EVER AGAIN.

Now I read it is an expansion pack. Great, as if I had KEPT any savegames or even the game itself! Bah. And great, NOW they say we are going to be revealed what the plot of all those smartasses were who USED us against the evil just to totally and utterly fail. NOW. Isnt it a TINY WEE LITTLE BIT LATE?

See. After all the time I am still pissed about it like a coke you shook too much.

SPOILER ALERT ULTIMA 7.5 AND BLACK MIRROR 1

Funny that you mentioned Ultima and the Avatar and that you didn’t like all the people on the game dying, because in Ultima 7.5 The Serpent Isles almost everyone in the game is dead at around 2/3 of the game.
I actually liked both Black Mirror. I didn’t like the fact that the main protagonist died at the end of BM1 but it fitted with the story.

Back
Top Bottom