Original Sin - Release Date News @ Gamereactor

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gamereactor has news on the planned release date for Original Sin is April 25.
The German publisher of Divinity: Original Sin has confirmed to Gamereactor that they're planning a slightly later than expected release date for Larian Studios' crowdfunded isometric-RPG. The game, which is currently available in an unfinished state on PC via Steam Early Access (there's currently no Early Access version for Mac owning gamers), will get its official launch on April 25.
Sounds incorrect to me. What do you all think?

More information.

Probably my most anticipated game, but based on alpha reports there is no way OS is not a buggy mess if they release it in two months. It is still not even feature complete.

I think April 25th is quite doable...if we're talking 2015 ;)

Didn't Larian say summer?

From what I've read about the state of the game I really hope this is wrong. It just doesn't sound like it's in good enough shape to release that soon. I don't want this game to end up on my "great idea, too bad they rushed it to market" list.

Didn't Larian say summer?

Nah they said Spring in their last video update (which technically could mean as late as June 20th). But of course it could easily get delayed again.. There's really no reason for them to rush the release, unless they're really running out of money, but hopefully that's not the case.

Mmm I am playing the alpha
and there is a lot that still needs to be done,
but I think they can move really fast, because there is already a solid and good base.

So it might be possible, but summer might be better, so it doesn't gets rushed

You don't really know what state the game is internally vs what they've published - it could be much further along.

Lack of Mac support is hardly a big deal since developing software for an OS that has such low market share isn't all that bright to begin with.

I'm not concerned. Larian has a decent track record and have consistently put out polished games relative to the rest of the industry. They're not perfect but they're above average in my experience with their games. I think they'll put out the game with some need for patches but nothing out of what passes for ordinary these days.

I'm not concerned. Larian has a decent track record and have consistently put out polished games relative to the rest of the industry. They're not perfect but they're above average in my experience with their games. I think they'll put out the game with some need for patches but nothing out of what passes for ordinary these days.

think so too. which is why i think april is bullocks. otherwise larian would say it. nothing to be gained for them to rush it. they already got funded. so unless they did too many parties with the funding money, they'll make it in a few months time.

Back
Top Bottom