Fallout 3 - Team Details

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Gavin "Kathode" Carter has tossed up some details at the official forums on the various Producers and a couple of other staff at Bethsoft that are involved with Fallout 3:
Hayt is a designer who works under Emil. As for me, the various production titles here can get confusing, so let me explain. Todd Howard is the Executive Producer. For all intents and purposes, he is the studio and project director, and has ultimate say over everything we do. We have a very open and collaborative atmosphere here, and Todd is always open to debate and revision, but at the end of the day, to borrow a phrase from Bush, he is the "decider" :)

Ashley is our studio Production Director. His job is to coordinate all the production efforts of our internal development across all the various projects we're working on. This includes everything from the big ticket games, to smaller stuff like Oblivion downloadable content, localization issues, and making sure other cross-project people (QA for instance) know and respond to our needs. He manages how we distribute people's time across the projects, and also makes sure all projects conform to good standard methods of scheduling and tracking.

I'm the Lead Producer on Fallout, meaning I'm the main production guy who is 100% focused solely on this project. I'm responsible for maintaining our overall schedule, setting up and communicating milestones, making sure everyone has the tools, equipment, and info they need to do their jobs, and hounding people to get stuff done on time. I've been on the project since the day we started working on it, and pretty much the day we went gold on Oblivion, I switched over to focusing completely on Fallout. I'm aided by an awesome team of four department producers who focus on either programmers, artists, or designers. Hope this helps clear it up! :)
Thanks to Briosafreak's Fallout 3 blog.
More information.

as if i didn't already have enough reasons to never give bethesda any more of my assets (time or money) they have sealed the vault (13 or otherwise) by a staff member making allusions to bush. thanks for clearing any doubt i had you knobs!

It seemed pretty funny and not out of place, whats wrong with adding it in?

Without starting a political discussion here I'll just add that, in general, quoting Bush tends to either make people laugh or get them in a bad mood.

as if i didn't already have enough reasons to never give bethesda any more of my assets (time or money) they have sealed the vault (13 or otherwise) by a staff member making allusions to bush. thanks for clearing any doubt i had you knobs!

Is it your time of the month?

How pathetic, deluded and stupid could a could a person be, using bush as a standard of decision making,

The idea that someone whom has no qualifications for making coherent decisions about anything based on object knowledge, object reality or the fundamental principals of humanity as a standard to do anything much less run a company or design a game is Unbelievable new low.

I know lets all stick our heads up our own a**es, as we bend over and grabing our ankles for the stupid, psychotic and psychopathic people in the world, then lets use them standard of game design or hell even better a New World Morality!

Is this the Watch, or the Codex!! :biggrin:

That was just a wee bit disproportionate to the provocation, you two.

que?
in order for someone to be a 'decider' they actually have to make decisons. to my knowledge pinocchio is the only puppet to ever make his own dicissions...though bush's nose has seen alot of action.

Relax guys.. what he said was simply that Todd is the man with the final say. Then he decided to attach a funny term to it and made a joke about Bush liking to use that term as well... he even added a smily afterwards. How anyone could be offended because of that I simply don't understand ;)

Seems like suddenly you guys think he said that he would *make* decisions like Bush, or compared Bush's leadership with how they design games at Beth. He didn't say anything like that, and if you feel offended by that post I would say that you are the ones fishing for an argument that shouldn't and doesn't exist...

If two women live together, I have heard it can cause their "cycles" to syncronise.

i wasn't offended at all. on the contrary i was delighted that they 'showed me their hand' as i see no reason to use such a comparision light-heartedly in light of the current state of affairs of the country and world. the poster may have very well intend it to be a rib or joke, but even if it was, my opinion is that any such casual use marginalizes any effort towards the contrary. i wasn't trying to use this as a springboard for bush bashing (its not the place, and its not worth the time) but to voice my opinion for the reasons (now more obvious) why the people at bethesda are not in the same realm of thinking as me, and why would i want to play/purchase a game that is made by people with values so dissimmilar. everyone else is entitled to not care about such 'trivial things' or find them amusing. i don't. i said my original 3 line bit and that was fine. i didn't realize having such an 'unpopular' view was such a ghastly thing. maybe my 'knobs' comment was unncessary and in ill taste, but it certainly wasn't directed at anyone other than bethedsa. in fact as always i am most grateful to Dhruin for serving up the latest and greatest!

Why would you care what their personal values are? Isn't it the end result that is important? Do I care that Richard Garriott likes to play fancy dress and play with medieval miniatures?

while there are many different paths to a result it is the meaning of the choices to that result that matter to me and therefore in things i partake in. peoples hobbies aren't important to me but their attitudes/morality are. bethesda has shown once again that arrogance rules their land. oblivion, call of clithu, startrek legacy all games i at some point had interest in though wisely waited for review on the later to stem me from buying them. not a single one had a demo. overconfident or selfish much? also to single out my least favourite design decision of theirs that left me 'disgruntled' was a quest in oblivion (forgive me its been 12 months) where i knew what was going on but the only choice available was to slaughter some 'monsters' that i knew were innocent people beforehand. in games and life i don't care about freedom to go more places or make more choices but how i can make my choices and actions.

Since Corwin already mentioned Rule 514, perhaps we should add a similar rule 515 for Fallout 3.

I see, you discriminate against those with different opinions than you hold, to such an extent that the mear mention of the name of someone who you dislike causes you to fill with rage and hate. Now that we have that settled I do hope you don't go shooting up classrooms.

your so full of it roqua (as usual)
i'm not intitled to have my opinion
but "it's a blow to humanity and free speech"
when an ahole like imus
loses his job.

i think mommy may have breastfed you
too much!

i hadn't insulted anyone here but
theres plenty of cowards with
vegetable gardens apparently.

your so full of it roqua (as usual)
i'm not intitled to have my opinion