The Witcher 2 - PC Enhanced Edition, X360 Version on April 17th

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CD Projekt has made some big announcements as expected - you can watch the video here if you want to experience it first hand.
Details on the X360 version were revealed, as well as the release date of April 17th. From VG247:
The RPG, originally released for PC last year, will contain combat controls specifically optimized for the Xbox 360 controller, along with three additional hours of quest content in the form of two new adventures for Act 3. Three new characters will also be introduced in the extra content, which will also be making its way onto PC as a free download.
Witcher II on 360 will also include all previous content released for PC, as well as the “Dark” difficulty setting and Arena mode.
Those "three additional hours" that are also coming to the PC will be in the form of an Enhanced Edition - also for release on April 17th. Here are some details from GOG:
GOG.com is pleased as punch to announce that The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, developed by sister company CD Projekt RED, will be coming to PC on the 17th of April! Just like when CDP RED updated the original Witcher to The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, this comes with scads of upgrades and extras for you to enjoy. The good news is that anyone who owns The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings before the 17th will receive the upgrade to the Enhanced Edition for free!

In celebration, we’re offering The Witcher 2 on sale for 15% off, starting now, for the next two weeks.

In case you didn’t hear the news from CDP RED, let’s go over what’s new and awesome about the Enhanced Edition:

New major adventures set in new locations. These consist of an underground system of chambers beneath Loc Muine and a temperate coniferous forest in the Loc Muine mountains, and a secret cave passage. These new adventures will add several hours of story-based gameplay to the game.

New major characters to the Witcher story. One of them is Brigida Papebrock Dame. This noble woman comes from the Temerian family Papebrock and is a 30 year old lady-in-waiting of the Temerian court. The other characters are secret--for now!

All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn. BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2.

GOG.com will also be adding the Witcher comic book to our list of goodies on the 17th as a free gift to everyone who owns the Witcher 2; further, there will be a new game map, game guide, manual, and soundtrack available in your free goodies on that day as well.

The Witcher 2 is already a game that has won--in scientific notation--a gazillion awards. Come this April 17th, it’s going to get even better!
More information.

That answered my question thanks. Now get making the expansion you fools.:p

All free . Ea and all the other big companys shake there heads with there arms folded with a smug look and say how do they do it ? Better games and free mini expantions for fans. Cd.P is a class act guys. When you here great news like this and then you reflect on how Bioware sells a weapon for money . It must put those guys working for Bio to shame. I know many companys do it , but bioware is and has been out of control with charging fans for extra stuff.

And the weird thing is how regular gaming sites still mock bethesda's horse armor while Bioware has been doing worse for the past 3 years.

I hope CDproj makes tons of money, they're the only rpg company I actually like. Will be sure to plug TW2 to all the consolers I know.

I hope they're just waiting for the console dust to settle so they can simultaneously release the expansion on both platforms.

I honestly don't see the problem with the horse armor or weapon dlc and the like. I'm thankful for the free content; but I'd have willingly forked out $5-10 for it just the same. It's pretty cheap advertising and generates goodwill for them to not charge for it; in the end it's all marketing.

And the weird thing is how regular gaming sites still mock bethesda's horse armor while Bioware has been doing worse for the past 3 years.
I hope CDproj makes tons of money, they're the only rpg company I actually like. Will be sure to plug TW2 to all the consolers I know.

Agree about Bioware. They have turned into the most exploitive of them all, by quite a large margin. It's a real pity, because they used to be a decent company. I haven't yet been able to "shut the money stream" to them, as I've spent way too much money on their games (including DLC), but I think the Dragon Age 2 experience will help me avoid their future schemes....

As for Bethesda I actually like them a lot (I think they have found the right DLC balance, though obviously I prefer CD Project's policy)

I honestly don't see the problem with the horse armor or weapon dlc and the like. I'm thankful for the free content; but I'd have willingly forked out $5-10 for it just the same. It's pretty cheap advertising and generates goodwill for them to not charge for it; in the end it's all marketing.

Well to each there own, That's one reason why dlc is popular people will buy it regardless. I wont purchase such dlc as I will get it by other means or make my own if they ever release a Toolset .

Still to get back on topic good job CD Projekt show them how its done.

Enchanced Edition adds two fairly long side quests to Act 3. One of them have a lot of puzzle to solve for old school gamers out there. I definitely can say these quests match to the main game's quality. Both of them have ties to the main storyline.

I'm Very proud to say that i bought the witcher 2 on GOG (that is from CDProject if i'm not mistaken). Companies that add hours of quality FREE content in order to support their product is nothing short of a true display of how a company should direct its business in order to please the customer and not only their shareholders.

Sure, i'm not naíve to the point of saying that a company doesnt need to make serious bucks in order to survive, but CDproject way to do business is in the long run probably more profitable by creating VERY loyal fans that wouldnt pirate the game no matter what and are very eager to buy their next product.

Paid for DLC has just led me to defer my game purchases to when complete editions are available. I'm still waiting for DA2 & ME2 complete.

In contrast I bought the Witcher 2 new, since CDP said that future updates would be free.

I'm not sure which model "wins" but CDP certainly got my money sooner than Bioware have.

What's sad to me is that few (if any) game review companies will re-review the game after a significant content upgrade.

What about Steam? :p
I have the game on Steam and I suppose the game will be updated for Steam users as well.

What about Steam? :p
I have the game on Steam and I suppose the game will be updated for Steam users as well.

I'm sure it will you have nothing to worry about. Hopefully you wont have to redownload the whole game again as they claim they fixed the patch process.

The new trailer is here.

The musical score, brutality and choreography nearly brought a tear to my eye. I kid you not.

Apart of the nice story-driven quests added (and probably it'll be the reason to replay it), the thing that I really wanted to know about was doing something for the combat system... But that's just me I guess :p.

Excellent, Just what Act3 needed. This will probably bring my replay (Roche path) much sooner than expected...

The new trailer is here.

The musical score, brutality and choreography nearly brought a tear to my eye. I kid you not.

That was bloody amazing. Bioware is probably taking notes...

I think these guys deserve all the credit they get (and certainly my ongoing support).

Excellent, Just what Act3 needed. This will probably bring my replay (Roche path) much sooner than expected…

I'm in exactly the same boat, and I'm going to replay with Roche-path when this gets out ;)

I've been looking for a reason to replay the game, but just haven't had enough of an incentive. I've never been a big replayer - which is probably why C&C doesn't matter quite as much to me as so many others.

Well to each there own, That's one reason why dlc is popular people will buy it regardless. I wont purchase such dlc as I will get it by other means or make my own if they ever release a Toolset .

Still to get back on topic good job CD Projekt show them how its done.

The worst thing about DLC is when it's bundled with other products ("buy this letter opener, get a sword you can use in DA2", "buy Dead Space 2, get a DLC for DA2"), or related to certain behaviour ("play this Facebook game and get items for DA", "press like and get items").

Back
Top Bottom