Nuclear Union - Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new post apocalyptic RPG published by 1C named Nuclear Union has been announced according to IGN. It also comes with a video.
Scheduled for launch sometime in 2013 for PC, Nuclear Union is a role-playing game with an open progression structure. You’ll have a defined end goal, but the way you accomplish it is up to you, and you’ll be able to go back and freely explore any discovered territory. Gameplay be presented from a third-person perspective and though battles will take place in real-time, you do have the ability to pause the action to better line up your aim. You’ll also be able to recruit certain characters encountered on your adventures and travel with one at a time, and can issue basic commands to them during combat.
Playing as one of the pilots who bombed the United States, expect to encounter mutated monstrosities, bizarre anomalies and to defend yourself with Soviet prototype weaponry, including specialized assault rifles and tripe-barreled sub-machine guns.
More information.

Hmm wait and see on this 1c is hit or miss.

Playing as one of the pilots who bombed the United States, expect to encounter mutated monstrosities, bizarre anomalies and to defend yourself with Soviet prototype weaponry, including specialized assault rifles and tripe-barreled sub-machine guns.

They lost me at "playing as one of the pilots who bombs the United States." Word of mouth will have to get me for this one.

Interesting, seems like a cross between Fallout 3 and STALKER.

However, IMO "Nuclear Union" is not a very good name. I guess it sounded better in Russian.

They lost me at "playing as one of the pilots who bombs the United States."

Why? Does that offend your patriotic sensibilities?

Very exited about this one.
Those screenshots look amazing and if it is a pc exclusive we might finally get another large open high resolution world without a loading screen everytime you turn around. Think the last one was crysis?
For that alone this would be a day1 purchase for me.
Allways been annoyed that almost any game with americans in it automatically paints them as the "good guys" and usually force you to play one so that will be a refreshing change too.

Lots of potential here. I know these guys can do atmosphere and sandbox gameplay, but can they do RPG ? We'll see...

I would have preferred first person though for a shooting game... No biggy though...

yeah, it does - and that surprises me - go figure.

however, when ever a game has a bad guy side, I typically don't play that side of the game. That's just me.

Fair enough. Personally, I'd welcome a change of perspective, however slight, in what is.so.often a derrivitive medium.

Lots of potential here. I know these guys can do atmosphere and sandbox gameplay

Which other games have they developed? I looked at their website and I see a lot of stuff like King's Bounty and games I've never heard of. Not quite sure whether they developed these or are merely publishing.

I would have preferred first person though for a shooting game… No biggy though…

I'm sure they will have some weapons with scopes.

If I am not mistaken we are talking about this one

As previously mentioned by a different post, I'm feeling a strong Stalker vibe to this one, and that means this game immediately goes to a high position on the anticipation scale. I have fond memories of playing Stalker, a stylish and memorable shooter game, rich in atmosphere. I love the idea of playing the Russians who survived in underground bunkers and came out on top in an apocalyptic USA-Russia nuclear exchange, and now are coming to the surface to see what the heck has transpired during all this time.

They have a website up already, with a countdown timer, of about one hour to go at the time of this writing. http://www.nuclearunion.com/

Last edited:
Nice artwork. Thanks for the heads up Arkadia7!

Some interesting Q&As in the FAQ section:

Where exactly does Nuclear Union take place - under- or above the ground?
Most of the time gamers will play above the ground, in the Moscow region that survived the nuclear apocalypse. Moreover, the protagonist will also visit Pobedograd. As aforementioned we cannot share any more information with you

Will it be possible to free-roam the game world? How big is it?
The explorable world is constantly growing. The protagonist can move freely around any already-visited locations. The more the plot unfolds the more locations he will be able to visit. If we talk about the freedom in the game, it’s pretty large. There is a global goal, but it’s totally up to the player what steps they will take to achieve it. The freedom of the player’s actions will only be limited by their imagination

Do you plan to have a moral choice system throughout the game?
Some game quests might trigger some a moral choice that might affect the various plot lines. But the protagonist, an active Soviet officer, will definitely never join forces with the main villain.

They lost me at "playing as one of the pilots who bombs the United States." Word of mouth will have to get me for this one.

My main problem with this is that according to their timeline, this would indicate that our protagonist is at least 70 years old. Which would actually be cool, in a way :)

Another doom and gloom Metro/STALKER clone with Fallout 3 'strategic' pause. Why they don't make more constructive games than going down the beaten road.

My main problem with this is that according to their timeline, this would indicate that our protagonist is at least 70 years old. Which would actually be cool, in a way :)

This, for me. The setting seems a little jarring to me, from what little information was provided. In addition to the septuagenarian protagonist, there was the mention of mutants. Doesn't really seem to be enough elapsed time to have that happen, without some type of FEV-like trigger.

Gaming industry is getting crazy!
I mean, this sounds like a muthafacking dream game. Falloutesque game made by russians ? Everything I read about this fills me with hope for gaming industry.

Well if its the STALKER devs, it could very well be good. The screenshots are "attractive". I do wish they'd branch out and try something more original than post-apocalyptic.

Back
Top Bottom