Half-Life 3 & Left 4 Dead 3

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Half-Life 3 Still in Development & Left 4 Dead 3 Looks "Great", Says Counter Strike Co-Creator:

Counter Strike co-creator Minh Le has been talking up a storm about Valve’s upcoming games, confirming that Half-life 3 is still in development and saying that Left 4 Dead 3 looks “great.”

Speaking during an interview on Twitch with goRGNtv, Le responded to a question about Half-Life 3 by saying,“There’s like a laser sight on my head right now! I don’t think I can talk about that, to be honest, but I think it’s kind of public knowledge, that people know that it is being worked on.

“And so if I were to say that yeah, I’ve seen some images, like some concept art of it, that wouldn’t be big news to be honest.

“But yeah, I mean like I guess I could say that I did see something that looked kinda like in the Half-Life universe. And I mean it wouldn’t surprise anyone if I said they’re doing it, they’re working on it, yeah. So to go on a limb I’d say I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3.

“Somebody’s knocking on my door right now!” he later said. “Hopefully that doesn’t get out. It seems like old news by now, I think everybody knows it’s being worked on.”

Le may be referring to the Half-Life 3 concept art leaked in 2012, which are said to originate from 2008. You can see it through here.

As for Left 4 Dead 3, Le said, “I saw it, it looks great. I was really excited when I saw that, I was like ‘wow, this looks great’. Because I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead, it was just one of those games that really just changed the industry. I think at the time there wasn’t many good co-op games, so yeah, this is a great co-op game.”

Oh yeah !

After all the hoaxes and false leads I have given up on Half Life 3. I'm sure there probably is a slim chance this might be true, but I just don't care at this point.

Sorry for being a downer on your thread HiddenX.:)

Half-life 3 name is so representative of the product. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's Half-life.

Half Life 2 was a great source engine demo with decent, but not great gameplay.

But I played hundreds of hours Left 4 Dead 1 & 2.
These games on expert and online are pure fun.

Last edited:
Half-Life 1&2 were both fantastic. Half-Life 3 is quickly becoming the next Duke Nukem Forever...

I want Portal 3.

I really enjoyed Portal 2, but they didn't leave much room for a sequel. I could see them doing a prequel though or perhaps something in a different location with a new protagonist.

In general, I'm simply not a big fan of Valve game design. Half Life was decent, if too much of a straight-up shooter to me. If the entire game had been like the first few levels, it would have been fantastic - but alas.

Half Life 2 was less of a game and more of an engine demonstration with one set piece level after another. Not my thing, really. I got around 2/3 through it before getting bored.

But the Source engine was very good upon release - and I'd be curious to see what they could do with it now.

First Portal was enough for me. Constant samey puzzles with try-too-hard-to-be-quirky-humor grew stale rather quickly. Well, the first game had the perfect length and that should have been it.

I loved the Cake song, for sure.

Portal 2 didn't last for more than 4-5 levels with me. Such a painfully simple concept can only go so far.

L4D is a nice concept and a great cooperative experience - but they'd have to do something significant with a sequel to get me excited.

Half-Life 1 &2 have two of the highest meta-scores of any PC titles ever released, and even though I don't think they're that good, I did enjoy them quite a bit. HL1 was simply awesome for its time, although the original version hasn't aged very well. I'm looking forward to playing the Black Mesa remake again when they release the finished version.

I found the setting to be very memorable in HL2, and I loved the atmosphere. I haven't played it in years, but I can still remember certain levels, like Ravenholm, as if it were yesterday. Not as good for its time as HL1 was but still a great game.

Didn't care much for the L4D games though, and I didn't play very far in either game. I can see how they're probably a blast in multiplayer though.

Half-Life 1 &2 have two of the highest meta-scores of any PC titles ever released, and even though I don't think they're that good, I did enjoy them quite a bit.

So do games like Mass Effect 2, KotOR, and StarCraft 2 :)

Doesn't mean anything except a lot of people or critics really liked them.

Of course, I happen to agree with KotOR - but I know you don't, so...

Yeah, but what's the point of that?

A shit load of people like Titanic and Avatar.

Why not just say YOU liked HL and HL2 a lot? I'm not sure why you need the support of other people.

Yeah, but what's the point of that?

A shit load of people like Titanic and Avatar.

Why not just say YOU liked HL and HL2 a lot? I'm not sure why you need the support of other people.

There's no point. It just shows that they're popular, and there's usually a reason for that.

In fact, I've seen you point to Metacritic several times in the past. Funny how it's different when it supports your opinion. ;)

There's no point. It just shows that they're popular, and there's usually a reason for that.

In fact, I've seen you point to Metacritic several times in the past. Funny how it's different when it supports your opinion. ;)

That's somewhat contradictory :)

"It just shows they're popular and there's usually a reason for that."

What reason would that be?

Metacritic is a site that tells us what other people seem to like, and that's the context that's relevant, in my opinion.

If I've used it to support the validity of my own opinion, I'm ashamed of myself ;)

Must have repressed that, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom