Borderlands 2 - Brief Details @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN has some brief snippets on Borderlands 2:
Another change is inclusion of dynamic story missions, in which the story will shape to fit your success or failure.

A new element, Eridium, will also be present. It's not a weapon, but can be combined with guns and vehicles to improve their stats. And it's also used as a form of currency.

Enemies also promise to be more varied and more intelligent.

If you got attached to a particular weapon in the first game, it's time to say a tearful goodbye. Gearbox is scrapping all the weapons from the first game in favour of a new-look arsenal.
More information.

Covering this game kind of puts the seal of approval on loot and minimal stats being all you need to be called an RPG.

Not that I am saying you shouldn't, I'm not that sensitive or picky.

I was hoping they would ditch the cell-shading but they didn't. The original game looked better before some idiot decided to change it.

Covering this game kind of puts the seal of approval on loot and minimal stats being all you need to be called an RPG.

Not that I am saying you shouldn't, I'm not that sensitive or picky.

Sure...I only added it when readers asked for it - and you'll see quite a few positive comments in the recent thread about the rumours before it was unveiled.

I've only tried it briefly (not quite my thing) but it didn't strike me as all that different to a hack'n'slasher but with first-person gun action instead of clicking. :)

The game was riddled with issues; however, having said that, it was fun to play with a friend. I had a love/hate relationship with it (which is still better than my hate/hate relationship with most modern AAA games). As for covering it here (shrug), it was not too different from the Diablo/Sacred franchises, as far as the leveling and quest system go.

Changes sound kinda boring - and it seems they're sticking to this unfortunate trend of limited amount of players in cooperative mode. I seem to remember a time when 6-8 players were the norm.

These days, most games only support 2-4 players.

Gah….

As for "seal of approval" that's bullshit. We all have our own individual idea of what an RPG can be - and trying to curtail or control that would be a "seal of approval" for idiocy.

We all know that Diablo and its ilk are considered RPGs by not only the industry - but a lot of its fans. Borderlands is no different.

Personally, I couldn't care less what genre we apply to what game - but I do appreciate the Watch covering far and wide. It's part of it not being obsessive and elitist. I like that a lot.

By covering anything Diablo or Diablo like put that seal of approval already. If you wanted only "real" rpgs there are a few other sites and also if I ever create my anti-Diablo rpg sit that would be one also.

PS. I probably won't actually get around to creating that site since RPGWatch is 100x better even with some non-rpgs on it.

In a not so distant future, most games will be RPGs with that story of RPG elements.

For the record I thought I made it clear I don't really mind it or care, I was just pointing it out.

In a not so distant future, most games will be RPGs with that story of RPG elements.

Its happening now.

Yep, I wasn't aiming my post at you - I just figured someone would jump on the subject.

Whats the point as long as a game has stats or a story its a RPG now. Right? Lets not forget that every game is a RPG because you play a role didn't you know?

Lets not forget that every game is a RPG because you play a role didn't you know?

Was it someone who worked on ME2 or on DA2 who said that basically in shooter games you play a role, too ?

Was it someone who worked on ME2 or on DA2 who said that basically in shooter games you play a role, too ?

I was joking. I was just repeating what I hear from other boards. But yes I had a dissuasion with some friends and some would say yes. To them every game is a RPG just because you play a role. I disagreed.

Back
Top Bottom