Can I haz Let's Play subforum nao?

Wicked Witch of Loliland

All hail. Nao.
You guys have several of the best Let's Play writters in all of KKKodexia right there and you aren't taking it as a chance to convert at least some into incline, unrelenting incline? Epic fail, guys. This should change, nao. And I'm so nice and helpful I'm going to tell you how and why.

Set up a subforum for Let's Play threads. Inside that forum the image limit per post is removed, as Let's Play threads are image intensive. Your magical nazi moderators only need to keep check for threads other than Let's Play spawning there, and removing them at once to keep the purity of it all. Only a single non Let's Play thread, a sticky and regularly updated catalogue of all Let's Play threads itself, should be allowed once there are enough for that to be needed.

And that's it all. Soon enough you will have more movement here than you ever dreamed, as the LPers do what they do best, which is find weird and obscure games and play them for you to be entertained by their weird antics and colorful narration, for you to discover a new game you never heard about, or for you to facepalm your nose into your brain because of how ridiculous the chosen game is. The holy trinity of Let's Play.

I'll even give you a hug if you do it fast enough, and my hugs are on high demand so usually there's quite a backlog to go through. So, what are you waiting for? Hop to it, on the double!

I see this thread has been purified. Blasted moderation.
Anyways I completely support the notion of a full fledged LP subforum. It will do you (us?) good Watchers. Trust me.

Perhaps if you could write the title of the thread in english they might listen to your good idea.

I wrote in the language of the cute kitties that LOL. Are you discriminating against cute kitties that LOL? :(

You are so mean.

I assumed the title was due to being non-english speaking or something. Hey, at least an apostrophe was used, and used well, but the rest looks kinda gibberish.

-Carn

Let's not. Soon your precious Codex is back again so you can have your fun there.

Eh, I can understand that a) the suggestion's come with the Codexers and the ensuing culture clash and therefore may be considered unwelcome by some here without the consideration it deserves and b) any bandwith troubles may not be worth the bother, but in all seriousness, it's a good idea (though it has presumably been already discussed). These things tend to be communal fun, and useful; I've been encouraged to play a number of obscure-ish or offbeat games by the Playground.

Some of you also forget that all your images consume bandwidth which not only cost this site money, but also slows it down. Then you get problems with the site going down and oh dear......isn't that what happens over at the Codex?

KKKodexia's problems are more database related, I believe, not bandwidth related.

Also, do the images consume the Watch's bandwidth if they are host somewhere else and just hotlinked? Like, if I have them on my dropbox wouldn't we be eating dropbox bandwidth instead?

Which is the entire pointy point of having dropbox.

if the pictures are posted at an image site the amount of traffic a LP generates is limited to the couple bytes for the image code... or do I understand the inner workings of the Internet wrong?

The reason the Codex was down every now and then was because the server collapsed as DU wasn't able or capable of updating the forums software to something that was not hogging the resources of the server.

We don't create forums unless there is substantial interest. Everyone is free to open up a thread for an LP session. If this turns out to be a great idea We'll put them in a separate forum. If it stops with a few threads, why bother.

@ Myrthos

Because Let's Play threads can't be written with a six images per post limit and I really, really doubt you want to remove the limit globally?

The limit was the default setting of the software, like several others we have. I went through the settings and changed some of them, including the image limit. It should not bother you anymore.

Entertain and teach us :)

Thanks man!

Eh, u guys shd ban prosper first after implementing the change.

They should do the site a favour and automatically put him on all users' ignore lists and not tell him. He'll just come back if he's banned.

Duno what time is it in South America. Princess might be asleep.
As for me, I'm stuck issuing payroll in the office.

@ ChiBee

Gee, can I sleep sometime? Those who don't sleep get ugly skin and… wrinkles! And fatness, too! Do you want an ugly, fat, wrinkly witch instead of a pretty little witch? Well, do you?

Now I see it… that's all I am to you, ain't I? A Let's Play machine! Never hugs, never cuddles, never really silly nicknames. Never heart shaped chocolates, cheesy poetry, nor roses sprayed blue either. Let's play during the day, then let's play during the night. You haven't even introduced me to your parents! You did promise, remember? No, of course you don't. It's all let's play to you. And if I get ugly skin, fatness, and wrinkles you'll just chuck me in the garbage and think nothing more about it.

So what about, like, let's play no more? It's over, you hear me? Like, totally over. Super duper double mega over. I'm going back to cook little children in the chicken legged hut grandma left me, as I should have been doing all along. Let's Play yourself from now on, that's why you have two hands. Hmpf.

:raincloud:

Back
Top Bottom