RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2011 Awards: Best RPG

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
As usual we try not to be the first in announcing our Game of the Year awards and this year is no different. We now present you the awards for the best RPG in 2011 as voted by the editors and our visitors, which in this case shows we have similar tastes.
More information.

Last edited:
I'm surprised to see Two Worlds Two dead last. I thought it was leaps and bounds more fun than DA2.

I'm surprised that DA2 come before DX for the editors...

Well "people (and editors) have spoken" you might disagree and there is no point in arguing :)

I'm surprised that DA2 come before DX for the editors…

I would love to read any reasons for that... most wasted gaming hours for a long time (at least for me), I even dare to say that NWN2 without MotB (!) was better rpg experience :D

I would love to read any reasons for that… most wasted gaming hours for a long time (at least for me), I even dare to say that NWN2 without MotB (!) was better rpg experience :D

I beleive the poll was mentioned to take into considering people listing games as first and second choice. The difference (at that low percentage) could be caused by something as small as one person listing it as their first choice if most people listing DX:HR or Two Worlds II was almost exclusively listed as second choice by most of those voting for it.

Errors should fixed* - apologies.

We suffered development delays due to incorrectly estimating the time required to implement certain features [1]. With fixed resources and the need to meet our street date because of the significant marketing spend [2], some unfortunate errors slipped through.

A release-day patched has been rushed out so our product meets the standards our customers [3] expect.

*Errors may not actually be fixed.
[1] I was late with text…sorry.
[2] Well…our marketing spend was zero but, if I remember, I might tweet.
[3] You paid money!?

Ah well Skyrim it's what I expeted it was a given with the fanbase. I'm just glad DA2 didint make the top three. As for DX:HR good it was my third pick.

Two worlds 2 was a really fun game . Maybe the 3rd will get them to the big time.

I think I was in the 2% for Two Worlds Two. It was a wonderful game, forsooth ;)

If I had a third choice I would have voted for Two Worlds 2.

dragon age 2 wasn't that bad people, yeah its not the best and it doesn't compare to origins but still it was good enough.

Back
Top Bottom