Two Worlds - Sneak Mode Press Release

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Southpeak sent us over a press release and some new screens on Two Worlds' stealth facilities:
Two Worlds: Look out behind you!
One of the Most Anticipated Action RPG Titles of the Year Unveils Innovative
“Sneak Mode”
Las Vegas, Nevada - March 16, 2007Two Worlds has some of the most epic and fluid melee combat to hit the action RPG genre to date, but that’s not the only tool you’ll be using to smite your enemies! The new “Sneak Mode” offers the player a chance to get up close and personal with adversaries before deciding their fate. Surgical accuracy with a blade gives “one hit kills” a whole new meaning. Not feeling bloodthirsty at the moment? How about picking a pocket for some useful wares? Not only will sneaking help you with your interpersonal relationships, but Guards and Watchtowers will have a hard time keeping track of your stealthy moves as you slip through the gates.

To keep you well apprised of your sneaky status, there’s even a visual indicator above your target’s head. A green eye, half closed will appear – if you’re in danger of being seen the eye will open a bit and turn from green, to yellow, to orange and bright red if you’re seen. Sneaking is an active skill that you’ll upgrade in game; therefore your success rate is directly proportionate to your skill level. Not only that, but common sense should play a role as well. In the depths of a swamp at 3am by the light of the moon and the tendrils of a damp fog swirling about, your odds for success are going to be pretty good. However, if you’re out in the town square at noon doing your slithering act – someone will probably notice that weird guy creeping around. Be smart about it and you’ll be able to pull off some impressive maneuvers.

For more visit http://www.2-worlds.com.
Here's a sample of one of the screens and you can head to our gallery for the others - look for the screens dated March 16th.

More information.

Actually, not much (so little is these days)!! NOW SM, when are you going to give us some exclusive insights into TWC!! :biggrin:

The word "innovative" in the gaming business means "a little different than others".

I will definetly try Two Worlds when it comes; it has a lot of potential.

SM, we want to know what stage you're at, when there'll be a demo of WiP, etc, etc. Most of us here know very little about the game, which is a shame since I think from what I do know, it will appeal to most of our regulars!! Perhaps we need to do a feature spread!!

i like the screenshots. they remind me a lot of gothic 3. hopefully this game has a better end result than knightshift which although unique and ambitious got rather tedious after a while.

@Corwin, are you confusing Two Worlds the Reality Pump action/RPG with Ashes: Two World Collide the indie project? :S Or am I just not keeping up with the cross-topic-baning?

No, I'm not confusing the 2 games, despite the similarity in name. I'm just trying to get more info from SM on HIS game, since most people don't know about it. Might as well kill two birds with one stone!! :)

SM, done that!!

hmmm thesneak abilitie reminds me about Thief with the coloroud bar, real interesting in a RPG :D

The screenshots do look alot like Gothic series. But I pretty much gave up on this because of the lethal combination of console kiddification + MMO addition at the last minute.

So the innovation is using an 'eye' to depict the visibility as opposed to all of the non-eye systems that do very similar visibility things? OK, but for me I just care about the execution.

It looks greate but way too many promises. I smell Dungeon Lords 2.

It does definitely have potential to suck in some areas but there's no way that this is going to be another Dungeon Lords. Microsoft wouldn't allow something as shitty as Dungeon Lords to be released on their precious X360 so it's rather safe to assume that this game will be at least of a somewhat acceptable quality when it comes out. That's one of the very few positive aspects of a simultaneous PC and console release :) .

Yes, I suppose M$ does have its uses!!

Back
Top Bottom