Original Sin - Update # 25 & 26, 72 Hours Left and New Stretch Goal Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well it seems to be a busy day for the Original Sin kickstarter. Larian has posted two more updates among many today.

Congratulations!

We've been keeping an eye on our paypal counter today, and together with the Kickstarter total, it looks like stretch goal 2 was just unlocked!!!

Personality traits & talents are now confirmed, and it'll come as no surprise that we're extremely happy that we can add the traits & talents gameplay system to Divinity: Original Sin. It wouldn't have been the RPG we wanted to make without them, and we're very grateful that you made this possible.

To celebrate, here's a video showing how we'll go about including traits and talents. To be specific, it's a video about a prototype for the trait curiosity and the sixth sense talent, and while the actual implementation may vary, it should give you a good idea of how it'll improve the gameplay and bring more depth to character customization.

It's going to be awesome!

New Stretch Goal Announced

So many people were touched by Kirill's magical performance that we wanted to do something special. Therefore, without affecting any of the other stretch goals, we'd like to give Kirill something he's also wanted i.e. a live orchestra for him to fool around with and record the game music with.

So, at 700K, there is now a stretch goal that unlocks a live orchestra for this man:You want this. You really want this. It seriously will be awesome!

The Next Stretch Goals

Obviously with a stretch goal unlocked, it follows that we start looking at what the next stretch goal is going to be.
At 666K already, we'll reach a new secret stretch goal in which we'll lift a tiny bit of the veil that covers a well-kept secret. Don't expect big announcements, but do expect some of the lore surrounding this particular secret to be released. You can also expect more on THE HINT.

At 700K, there's of course our newly announced stretch goal, in which Kirill gets an orchestra, and then at 800K, there's a very big one: Henchmen become companions.

While our henchmen will have more background than what you've seen in the gameplay videos so far, upon unlocking the 800K stretch goal full blown companions will be unlocked, featuring complex storylines and adding gameplay to our gameworld. This is a pretty important stretch goal, so we'll soon do an update to illustrate exactly what it is we want to achieve.
Stay tuned!
More information.

Looks lovely indeed. Part of me has to wonder whether the were going to include personality & traits regardless of funding. It seems they have the majority of work done already - at least for those two abilities.

Yep - glad they made it, but clearly the were angling to include it already ;-) Perhaps they can add more traits etc now? I love the atmosphere in Larian - they look like a really friendly bunch - and Swen seems like a great boss. Of course, I'm sure he can be tough when required ;-)

Crossing my fingers for a last minute surge to the 800,000 stretch goal.

Seconding rjshae, but not holding my breath.

On the plus side, we might see some modders adding companions. Elder Scrolls modders have always been the go-to for that feature, and Larian seems to have enabled that possibility with the toolset.

For me, it just means waiting a year or two to play the game, (which is why I'm just getting around to Skyrim now.)

Im pretty sure they'll make the 800k goal, I'd be surprised if they didn't. There's Paypal to consider and as we near the last hours donations will start to ramp up if there is a stretch goal people want that seems reachable....and im pretty sure people want that next stretch goal.

Yeah 800K seems to be the most important stretch goal IMO.

Daniel.

Damn, damn, damn! Sure, that final days push is starting to show, but I don't see them making the million.
And I really need them to have those schedules in the game. Their vision really doesn't seem complete without them, and they will miss their stated target yet again (that is, building up on the great thing that was Ultima 7)!
Maybe they can come back on this if Dragon Commander does really well and they have cash to invest?

What Jaesun said! No waving around, trying to find the hot pixel and no endless clicking. LOOK at your environment and think!

They're just about at $700k so I think they will surpass $800k by a good deal and if the donations speed up as much as a few other kickstarters there is a chance that they will reach $1 million.

After slow start I was pretty pessimistic I expected them to reach little more than initial goal,I am glad I was wrong.Overall very nicely done campaign.

700K?

Currently they're at $589K and I think the Paypal pledges add up to less than 20K. :(

700K?

Currently they're at $589K and I think the Paypal pledges add up to less than 20K. :(

You have lost track there. Theyre at $676K right now, so with Paypal almost at the 700K goal. Also they made $57K yesterday, and typically it continues to increase up to the last day.

Edit: if you add the Watch and Codex fundraisers, $700K has actually already been surpassed.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification, GhanBuriGhan. It seems that on my browser (Opera), the Kickstarter amount was oddly stuck at 589K. I refreshed it multiple times before it worked correctly.

I am overjoyed to proven very wrong :)

800k seems a shoe in now. :)

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom