Dragon Age: Inquisition - Qunari as a Playable Race - Tactical Camera Will Be Back

aries100

SasqWatch
Gametrailers have a 1:30 preview trailer for this game shown at Pax Prime 13.

Mark Darrah, Executive Producer confirms Quanari as playable race, also female Qunari will be shown at PAX. Mark Darrah also mentions that the tactical camera is back for not only for the PC, but also for Xbox and PS3. You also get to some interesting gameplay and scenes from the game.

Thanks to KR4U55 at the BSN DA:Inquisition's forums for finding this.

Further confirmation below:

Cameron Lee's confirmation of Qunari as a playable race - via Twitter:

Qunari are a playable race in Dragon Age Inquisition!!!!!
Cameron Lee's confirmation of tactical camera being back - via Twitter:

Apparently, we can customize or Keeps as well - Cameron Lee via Twitter:

Mark - Customize your keeps, make them dedicated to spies, commerce or military might
Thanks to glenboy24 at the BSN for finding the twitter messages fromCameron Lee.

More information.

Bloody hell. I'm trying not to get excited about this because the last couple of bioware games have really disappointed me. They're making it hard with all of these ace announcements though. It's like they're running down my "wants" list and ticking them off, one by one.

I'm definitely playng a quanari. Then a dwarf. Just because, horns and beards rock.

The Qunari were the only thing I liked about DA2 but I don't think I care to play as one.

Very happy about the camera but I'm still being very cautious about this game.

It's so far away at this point, and the last was so full of fail that I have zero confidence in this at all. One thing is for certain: I'll be letting others take the plunge before I do on this product.

-Carn

Now this is great news. I tell myself: "do not get hopes up", but playing different races like qunari and confirmation of a proper camera angle. Those kind of things put a positive aura on this project and I admit that I'm indeed quite excited of dragon age once again, never thought it was possible after the giganctic dissapointment of da2. I'll wait more hands on previews etc though :)

Well, consider this game a chance for redemption for Bioware.

They're mindful of the predecessor's design decisions that earned the wrath of fans and will be trying their best to win them back with this one. :)

Good news! I am not excited about being a Qunari myself, but this is another sign of improvement.
Give me an isometric camera and stats-based dialog, and I will be completely satisfied.

what's exciting about playing a different race, unless they go back to different starting experiences per race/class as DAO? It's just a different skin, maybe with a few race specific lines or words here and there

what's exciting about playing a different race...

How many games, beside DA:O, featured a race dependent start? "Different skin" approach is the standard one and not an exception.

How many games, beside DA:O, featured a race dependent start? "Different skin" approach is the standard one and not an exception.

Not race, but class : Drakensang 2 has.

- tactical camera is back (in a lot of games, "tactical" overview never went away)

- you can play as a Qunari (dunno WTF that is)

- customize your keep (about as interesting as customize your hairdo)

I don't know about other people's wishlists, but mine isn't served here.

- tactical camera is back (in a lot of games, "tactical" overview never went away)

- you can play as a Qunari (dunno WTF that is)

- customize your keep (about as interesting as customize your hairdo)

I don't know about other people's wishlists, but mine isn't served here.

If you played DAO or DA2 how do you not know what a Qunari is?

If you didn't play them why should they care about serving your wishlist?

If you played DAO or DA2 how do you not know what a Qunari is?

If you didn't play them why should they care about serving your wishlist?

I've played but not finished DA:O.

Nowhere did I say that I want to be catered to by these guys, but as far as the revelations in this thread go, they're really pretty underwhelming. It's like saying "I'd totally buy a BG3 if I can play as a real drow this time", it might float someone's boat, but it doesn't objectively increase that game's quality.

I've played but not finished DA:O.

Nowhere did I say that I want to be catered to by these guys,

Not really my point, just wondering why you'd care at all if you played so little of the first 2 that you don't know what a Qunari is?

but as far as the revelations in this thread go, they're really pretty underwhelming. It's like saying "I'd totally buy a BG3 if I can play as a real drow this time", it might float someone's boat, but it doesn't objectively increase that game's quality.

It might not objectively increase the game's quality but very well could increase ones enjoyment of the game.

Seems your upset that people find this a worthwhile addition and you don't.

You seem to be posting negatively in a number of DA:I threads yet you've invested very little time actually playing the series are you sure your not being influenced by a negative bias for bioware?

Seems your upset that people find this a worthwhile addition and you don't.

Can you quote me where I said that I'm upset? I can see a lot of sheeple people are quivering with anticipation when there is little factual basis for such excitement. I'm merely wondering.

Can you quote me where I said that I'm upset? I can see a lot of sheeple people are quivering with anticipation when there is little factual basis for such excitement. I'm merely wondering.

No, Just as you can't quote anyone saying they are "quivering with anticipation".

It just seems your upset but I guess your posting negative comments in multiple DAI threads and BG thread with no emotions behind it whatsoever. I apologize.

As far as merely wondering, It seems to me that most people are being pretty cautious with there anticipation of this game and some who seem quite positive about it have listed why.

So i'm not sure what your wondering about?

No, Just as you can't quote anyone saying they are "quivering with anticipation".

Bloody hell. I'm trying not to get excited about this because the last couple of bioware games have really disappointed me. They're making it hard with all of these ace announcements though. It's like they're running down my "wants" list and ticking them off, one by one.

I think one should suffice.

It just seems your upset but I guess your posting negative comments in multiple DAI threads and BG thread with no emotions behind it whatsoever. I apologize.

It was exactly two threads. Counts as multiple I guess ;)

So i'm not sure what your wondering about?

People getting caught up in baseless hype? But I guess that's kinda hard to relate to from inside the eye of the storm :)

Back
Top Bottom