Request: ability to add moderators to ignore list.

Me.

No need to as I'll just stop posting on RPGWatch. It's not worth the effort. :thumbsup:

Actually, I changed my mind. I will be posting twice as much. :)

I thought that might happen! :biggrin:

Well, I have nowhere else to go. :sweatdrop: And I'm certainly not going to the Codex! O_O:[:uhoh:

I don't see any need to go anywhere. Storm in a teacup.

I can't help it that people disagree with me. If you don't like my posts then you don't have to read them.

If you'd like to ignore me than you will have to request the feature to be able to ignore moderator posts.

Now we should get back on topic.

I am all for this ignore addition. It's pretty clear Fluent is just enjoying trolling everyone which seems pretty immature behavior for a moderator of the watch to be doing. Its clear he is egging people on and enjoying generating hostility and reactions - which is just what trolling is about.

If he is going to be an ass then we should have the option to put him on ignore. If that isn't a feature that can be enabled then perhaps he should consider toning it down a bit if he is going to be a mod.

EDIT: Its also somewhat an abuse of his ability as a mod to put other people on ignore (which he stated his list is growing) and tell other people they can do the same ... knowing they can't as he is a mod.

I never did see the point of the ignore function. I don't think I've ever come across someone who I have wanted to ignore every single one of their posts. Unless it was an obvious troll and they usually get banned pretty quickly anyways.

Excuse me, Mr. wolfgrimdark, but you are dead wrong.

If anyone is trolling, it's DArt, Drithius and others, who continue to take potshots at me every chance they get. Everything I said I stand by and at no time in my posting here have I EVER said something to troll people to generate hostility.

Okay, maybe I went a little overboard today, but I wasn't the only one, and I was certainly "egged on" myself.

The reason there was hostility wasn't because of trolling but because I was fighting a losing fight against an angry mob. Maybe you should read the thread again before making such accusations about me. :thumbsup:

Just curious, what thread is this referencing?

I never did see the point of the ignore function. I don't think I've ever come across someone who I have wanted to ignore every single one of their posts. Unless it was an obvious troll and they usually get banned pretty quickly anyways.

Agreed. And even when the Unbanned Trolls come out feed, one of us will be in a daft enough mood to argue with them, and it becomes very difficult to avoid the mess they make.

I read the thread just fine and never said they weren't taking shots are you. But you are a mod - you should act like one if you are going to have that position. That means being a bit more diplomatic and balanced.

Everyone has a different idea of what a mod should be like but IMO you crossed the line in that thread.

I don't really care about the ignore feature - I tend to use it only temporarily anyhow - usually because I get annoyed and I find it better to ignore someone for a while until my annoyance calms down - which is easier for me to do with the ignore feature.

Which is why I tend to feel mods shouldn't be egging people on knowing they can't be ignored. As a mod you should be a bit more responsible than that.

I don't know but RPGCodex is looking better every day....

Just to clarify I don't want Fluent to leave - just tone it down if he is going to mod.

He made his point and said he was leaving the thread ... then kept coming back. A mod should know when to give things a rest or he should have just locked the thread before it got so intense. It started to feel like it was the Codex. It just snowballed I guess.

It was his ignore statement that pushed me over into enough annoyance to post here (and not the actual topic of the thread ironically).

Back
Top Bottom