New Link for DoddTheSlayer_2.4 (Wiz8 Mod)

For those wanting to add the Daegan Tweaks please go here:

http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm

There are 2 files to download:

1: Dodd 2.4 Daegan Tweaks Final 2
2: Daegan Tweaks Fix

Add the data and levels folders from Dodd 2.4 Daegan Tweaks Final 2 to overwrite the data and levels folders in your wizardry 8 folder where the DoddTheSlayer_2.4 is allready installed.
Then do the same with the Daegan Tweaks Fix.

Note: Daegan Tweaks is not a standalone mod and must only be installed on top of the installed DoddTheSlayer_2.4 mod.

Dodd I'm getting all kinds of problems using your mod. It crashes whenever I open the chest in the very beginning or when I add the 'tweaks' It crashes even before the game starts saying something like 'couldn't find 'marina'.

Has anyone else come across this problem? I played your 2.4 game a long time ago and didn't have any problems with it whatsoever. Any help would be appreciated.

Nevermind I just noticed the problem. I downloaded the patch to make it 2.4 and not the whole thing. You know the exact thing you said NOT to do, lol. I thought the dodd daegon tweak fix 2.4 was just the patch and that dodd the slayer mod 2.4 was the whole game. Problem will be solved as soon as I download 2.3 and patch it to 2.4. I have to get your mod from zimlab.com because divshare doesn't allow Asia to download for free.

Last edited:
Epic Necro :p

Wonder what happened to Dodd. I liked this mod, but I didn't get that far into it before I quit. If it's the one I'm thinking of he had some tough bandits at some key transfer areas that annoyed me to no end. If I had leveled up a little more then I might have beaten them, but I probably ended up buying something new and shiny instead of sticking it out.

Thanks for the bookmark, HiddenX :thumbsup:

Definitely going to replay this game sometime in the next year or so...as I really savoured it the first time. I want to try some different party combination ideas - including the challenge of building a good Bishop and maybe trying out a Faery Ninja, which I remember many folks talking about.

I never played with mods. I might go back someday and try it but I would hope some of these do something to speed up the loooong battles and remove a lot of the grinding, with the Rapax castle being the worst area for it.

I also wouldn't complain if someone made new character models. I think the npcs in that game are made up of all of 3 polys. :p

That reforged mod sounds very promising:

The mod took about 2 years to create. And it was good that I did not know this from beginning otherwise I might have never started it. It is called "Reforged" because it is an extensive overhaul of the original game. Meaning that you will still encounter the original plot and most of its locations. But additionaly there are several new locations, new monsters and new items, also new quests. Another aspect is that the game is almost fully retextured and several hundered new item images have been created. Reforged also because creating it, was only possible with the Cosmic Forge, the editor which was under constant developement by madgod.

In the latest versions of the CF some new enhanced features were introduced which allow for game mechanics and new scripted actions which were not even used like this in the original game. Be prepared to experience new plot elements and surprising actions.

Qusari already did some impressive stuff in his previous mod, Lunastralis.
If that mod is of any indication, Reforged will put more emphasis on puzzle element which, along with the writing style, will likely result in a more Wizardry 7-like experience and that is a good thing in my book, at least if the puzzles aren´t too tough (from what I remember of Lunastralis, puzzles were well balanced there).
The mod will quite certainly put mystery back into the game for those who already finished Wizardry 8 a few times and I´m really looking forward to playing it.
I installed it yesterday just to see the beginning and if it works and it works, plus the beginning is already pretty impressive.
Preliminarily recommended :).

I don't generally use mods that change content, but I enjoyed Dodd's a good bit. With the mileage I've got on Wiz8, maybe I'll give Reforged a spin just to freshen the experience a little.

Back
Top Bottom