Hard to be a God - Release Date Announced

magerette

Hedgewitch
Ascaron/Nobilis announce a release date of April 11, 2008 for Akella's and Burut's action rpg Hard to be a God in this press release over at GameBanshee. While the last release revealed 'unique role-playing' aspects, this seems to focus on 'unique hack-n-slash.':
6th March 2008

UNIQUE HACK ‘N’ SLASH ASPECTS OF HARD TO BE A GOD REVEALED

TAKE ON GODS AND IMMORTAL BEINGS WITH LASERS AND SWORDS IN EXTRAORDINARY ACTION PACKED GAME

Hard To Be A God, the new action and adventure game from Ascaron to be released in April, has an enviable variety of weapons, enemies and gameplay. Over 200 different weapons are available to use on a variety of enemies, as a secret agent from a futuristic Earth explores the medieval and alien planet of Tsurinak.

Choice of weapons

The arsenal includes scorchers, modifiers, mini-guns and sophisticated gadgets, contrasting with the swords, axes and bow and arrows wielded by the combatants of Arkanar. To be successful in the quests all types of weapons must be mastered; a sword will be less effective than a mini-gun when surrounded by a horde of bandits but easier to wield and more effective when duelling on horseback.

Variety of enemies

As the game progresses the character takes on different allegiances as a variety of roles are explored, fighting with bandits during one quest and then against them on the next. It is not just humans that are a concern either, as monsters, immortal beings and ‘the gods’ all feature in a game encompassing over 350 unique characters.

The range of adversaries to overcome has an impact on weapon choice; guards and bandits can be despatched with a sword, but a giant monster may be best tackled with a scorcher or laser cannon.

Valliant steeds

Horses are an important feature in Hard to be A God, distinguishing it from other games and bringing a new element of gameplay to the genre. Different types of horse, from armoured beast to peasant jade, can be used for travel or battle, providing extra speed when attempting to escape guards or get to different areas.

Horseback combat is a very significant part of the game and an important skill to develop. At times the character may be chasing a bandit with sword drawn, and then in another scenario blades will clash whilst on horseback as mounted guards do battle with the secret agent.

Try your luck at survival by visiting www.hardtobeagod.com to download the demo.

Fast facts:
Publisher: Ascaron Entertainment / Nobilis
Web: www.Ascaron.com / www.hardtobeagod.com
Developer: Akella/ Burut CT
Release date: 11thApril 2008
Price: £29.99
PEGI: 12+
Format: PC
Genre: RPG/Hack’n’Slash
Gamebanshee staff adds this disclaimer:
Having played the game, I should note the line "as a secret agent from a futuristic Earth explores the medieval and alien planet of Tsurinak" is incorrect, since you're a secret agent from the Empire sent to the Kingdom of Arkanar on the same planet...

More information.

I've also never heard the term "Tsurinak" in Noon lore. I thought the planned was called Arkanar, just like the Kingdom (of Arkanar) and the capital city (Arkanar).

The planet never had a name and only the countries on the planet were mentioned.

Question

Could someone explain to me, if there is a difference between this version and the already available gamersgate version ? (I do not understand, that there is a release date in april, while its already available on gamersgate).

Uhm...that's weird.

It looks like the Gamersgate version is the full localized version. Nobilis is the English port publisher...

...really weird.

Methinks either Gamersgate messed up and put the title up too early (it's been finished for ages, I got my review copy 2 weeks ago) or...uhm...it's supposed to publish before the boxed version is out.

But that'd be strange.

I'll check with their PR guys.

Hard to be a god has been available in sweden for some time (atleast since last friday). Since gamersgate is a swedish company ... perhaps thats the reason?

Never bought it cause i haven't heard much about it.

Is it go(o)d?

Ok, so the official reply to Gamersgate having it is: developers can take copies to digital download themselves before the publisher puts out a boxed copy, depending on the contract. There's no contract here stopping HtbaG from going on Steam and GG, so it'll be there way before the release date.

So it's the full, legit version. It's annoying for the publisher, tho'.

Back
Top Bottom