Heroes of Steel - A New Classic RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Trese Brothers sent me an e-mail about their new game called Heroes of Steel. They desribe the game as a classic RPG with a mix of exploration, and turn-based combat.

The game is avaiable on Steam for $11.99.

Heroes of Steel is a tactical turn-based RPG in which you lead a group of four unique characters, each with their own talents, special powers, and abilities on their quest through the world of Steel. Engage in tactical combat with the ferocious, devious, and magical enemies who threaten humanity's last settlements. You must decide how to develop each character’s individual strategy in order to build a powerful and dynamic team capable of triumphing over the impossible odds. As you traverse the sprawling world of Steel, your party will face a myriad of challenges, battles, extensive mazes and fearsome enemies of all varieties.
More information.

I have this game on my Android tablet (the prologue is free and the full game is $4). The combat is a pretty decent Action Points style turn-based tactical system. I haven't played it a lot but it seems fairly challenging. Unfortunately the story and setting seems to be about as generic as fantasy RPGs get. Frankly I'm not sure that this port is worth $12. If you have a smart phone or tablet I'd suggest getting it for that.

I have this game on my Android tablet (the prologue is free and the full game is $4). The combat is a pretty decent Action Points style turn-based tactical system. I haven't played it a lot but it seems fairly challenging. Unfortunately the story and setting seems to be about as generic as fantasy RPGs get. Frankly I'm not sure that this port is worth $12. If you have a smart phone or tablet I'd suggest getting it for that.

I've played through the prologue on my phone, and it was entertaining enough (for a mobile game) so I went ahead and purchased the full version.
Like you, I am not sure I'd recommend getting it on the PC, but as far as mobile games goes, it's decent fun.

By the way, the devs launched a KS campaign for Star Traders 2. Might be worth checking out. I personally found ST1 boring, but ST2 sounds nice enough (again, for a mobile game) so I backed it at the Early Bird level.

Bah, was hoping for a Freedom Force type of game from the title.

Back
Top Bottom