Lord British Ultimate RPG countdown!

Well I for one don't want nor need some rags. Oh, don't tell me, he'll sign it personally so that's what "ultimate" means in this case?

Once again you show your ignorance to the past of crpgs. I'm so glad you have nothing to do with crpg's.

After what this guy let happen to his Ultima franchise and knowing of all the guns in Texas, I'm shocked this dude is still alive. I figured some "dragon" would have gotten to him by now. :D

We're mostly harmless. Our acts of violence seldom(ly?) go beyound *SPLUTTING* (which is throwing imaginary pies at newcomers).

Pibbur dragon who wonders if he should start sending *SPLUTS* on the welcome thread. And who will back this. And who backed this.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Garriet isn't all that happy with what happened to Ultima under EA. Hence. what we see today.

Holy crap. This looks absolutely awful. Return to his roots??!! HA!!!

Well I for one don't want nor need some rags. Oh, don't tell me, he'll sign it personally so that's what "ultimate" means in this case?

Speak for yourself. I love cloth maps! Nothing better than pulling it out and looking at it while you're trying to decide where to go in the world. One of my favorite things about U5 Lazarus was pulling out my original U5 map and using it.

Yeah, that was one of the charming things about games from that time period:

Ankhs, Moonstones, Cloth Maps, and...the New Zork Times. :)

Once again you show your ignorance to the past of crpgs. I'm so glad you have nothing to do with crpg's.

It's not ignorance, it's disrespect.
There is a big diffewrence between two of us. I don't live in a country populated by ignorant ppl. So please don't mix things.

Not a fan of the multiplayer aspect, but the rest of it seems quite interesting. I'll probably back this once we have slightly more information.

I don't know… it seems like he's trying to cater to both the single-player and MMO crowds at the same time. Can't say I'm impressed. I'm going to wait and see about this one.

It's not ignorance, it's disrespect.
There is a big diffewrence between two of us. I don't live in a country populated by ignorant ppl. So please don't mix things.

Really? I have no idea which country you are from as I am sure you have no idea which one I am from. (which is really an idiotic statement for you to make btw.)

I'm not sure what else can be said here.

It looks to be a hybrid of sorts - will player housing turn into player made levels ala Forge?

We shouldn't throw stones at Richard for pushing MP. The (practical) invention of the MMOG was his last major success after a series of major successes.

Is the demo primitive? Yes, so what? We're CRPG players. Some of you even like the Avalon series.

In fact, being bleeding edge is what cost LB - his constant need to push boundaries finally lead to his downfall with Ultima 9 after huge successes (some of them only critical - U7, UU). Scaling back in my mind may make for a better game. But I don't think its going to stay that way with some of the team projects he's advertising for.

I think so...it sounded almost like a deck builder game where you can add cards/skills in and as you fight they come up more or less dependant on how many cards/abilities are present. Sort of like dominion or thunderstone...does that make sense?

Hmmm, so you mean before a fight, you deck youself out with a selection of skills, but in the fight they come up basically randomly? The skill selection part could be interesting and strategic, but it sounds potentially boring for the combat itself - I mean what do you actually do during combat?

I'm not sure if that's how it will go...notice there is no ur in the game at all so far so I'm just guessing.

Yeah, I'll just have to wait for a few updates. Which will mean that the first responder tier will be gone. Oh well.

It could mean that each turn a set of skills show up that is random based on your deck....could be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom