Might & Magic X - Review @ Softpedia

And when I tried to open the link of the Developers Page I got a virus warning, great. ^^

But http://www.mobygames.com/game/wizards-warriors states its informal name was Swords & Sorcery.

And on RPG Codex I found this posting about it:
It's considered the buggiest, most imbalanced games of recent times. TOEE and Daggerfall included. Sol Invictus So I guess I remembered right. ^^

I remember Wizards & Warriors quite well. It was indeed a buggy piece of crap at release, but it wasn't too bad after a few patches. I tried playing it again a few years ago, but it was impossible to get it to run in Windows 7 with an Nividia card.

I remember Wizards & Warriors quite well. It was indeed a buggy piece of crap at release, but it wasn't too bad after a few patches. I tried playing it again a few years ago, but it was impossible to get it to run in Windows 7 with an Nividia card.

I call it a 'window game' ... it was only 'worth playing' after a while, but then if you waited too long the 'will work on a computer' window closed. I still have one XP laptop I know I got it running on ...

Yes when it was first in development it was called Swords and Sorcery. They changed the name for some reason. I enjoyed the game but it was very buggy.

It was sort of quirky fun - but ultimately pretty broken IIRC. I liked the old-school feel, though.

Kinda like that other infamous RPG that txa loves so :)

It was sort of quirky fun - but ultimately pretty broken IIRC. I liked the old-school feel, though.

Kinda like that other infamous RPG that txa loves so :)

haha ... I totally own my DL shame ;)

Though I would rather be known for too many hours of Dungeon Lords than those who have a legacy of hours watching Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty or Jersey Shore ... ;)

haha … I totally own my DL shame ;)

Though I would rather be known for too many hours of Dungeon Lords than those who have a legacy of hours watching Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty or Jersey Shore … ;)

Or playing a joxer phonegame™, I take it? ;)

Or playing a joxer phonegame™, I take it? ;)

Ugh - I hate the vast majority of 'phone games' ... reviewed one last week that was yet another generic crapfest meant to slowly extort money out of you ... there go a couple of hours I'll never get back!

Ugh - I hate the vast majority of 'phone games' … reviewed one last week that was yet another generic crapfest meant to slowly extort money out of you … there go a couple of hours I'll never get back!

I expect that trend will die soonish... People are getting too smart for it.

Well, I hope :)

Wizard & Warriors was good. Unlike many other games the dialogs were understandable and meaningfull. That makes sence. I like to meet interesting characters and listen to interesting puzzling stories along the way. It was a bit childish too, but I keep good memories about this game anyway.

haha … I totally own my DL shame ;)

Heh... I liked Dungeon Lords, too, but not as much. It started poorly, in my opinion, and then got pretty good. I don't know if it's just me or not, but it seemed like it got pretty bad again, about halfway through. Wish DW Bradley was more consistent. He's one of the best around when he's on a roll, but he's capable of dishing out some real crap, too. Guess maybe that's why he hasn't done much lately. He'll prolly turn up on Kickstarter, one of these days.

Wizard & Warriors was good. Unlike many other games the dialogs were understandable and meaningfull. That makes sence. I like to meet interesting characters and listen to interesting puzzling stories along the way. It was a bit childish too, but I keep good memories about this game anyway.

Childish... yeah, I guess I forgot how much I loathed that whole lizard people savior thing in the early game, and some of the other silliness :)

I feel the same way but if D.W. Bradley were to turn up in the news with a new game or kickstarter I think I would be all over it. Sickness this is

Him and Cleve are collaborating on a new game right after Grimoire is released. I think its 2064 iirc.

Him and Cleve are collaborating on a new game right after Grimoire is released. I think its 2064 iirc.

2064? I gotta check and see if kickstarters transfer to grandchildren

If they get it running on most machines. I doubt they will sell it if it only runs on like 10% of the buyers computers.

I expect that trend will die soonish… People are getting too smart for it.

Well, I hope :)

I honestly worry that if the 'in app bubble' bursts that companies have become so dependent on it (EA's top earners are 'free') that it will cause a crash in the market. Though I am not sure that would be a bad thing (other than for the people who would lose their jobs - it is always the people who do the work who pay the price).

If they get it running on most machines. I doubt they will sell it if it only runs on like 10% of the buyers computers.

I think that is the biggest thing - for a 2001 game, it is amazingly incompatible with most everything.

I honestly worry that if the 'in app bubble' bursts that companies have become so dependent on it (EA's top earners are 'free') that it will cause a crash in the market. Though I am not sure that would be a bad thing (other than for the people who would lose their jobs - it is always the people who do the work who pay the price).

Well, last time the economy crashed - the people who caused it were bailed out, so you're probably right :)

Sometimes losing your job can be the best thing that ever happened. But I realise that in certain countries, like the US - losing your job is a serious threat to you and your family.

That's unfortunate - but being part of the problem does have a price, no matter the reason for it. Well, unless you're rich and you can buy your way out of trouble :)

Back
Top Bottom