Larian Studios - Early builds of Original Sin and Dragon Commander stolen

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
At Gamescom two PCs with early builds of Original Sin and Dragon Commander were stolen from Larian Studios. A reward of $5000 was offered for the tip leading to the retrieval of the PCs.
The presentations at Gamescom are not in danger, they are presented now from backup PCs.
More information.

That's fucked up.. .stealing from one of the only true believer studios left.

I hope whoever robbed them gets AIDS and suffers a painful death.

Kind regards,

Management.

I suspect someone from Security. They always have access to the areas, and I know at least 2 tales where someone from Security had indeed stolen something ...

Stinks that someone stole their computers - these days you have to be just as suspicious about 'security' people as anyone else in large crowded places. Just so happens that baggage handlers at LAX stole my brand new digital camera out of my bag. But I can't prove it so 'buh bye have a nice day now.'

On the other hand, not sure what good a partly built game is going to do for anyone.

Security stole about 10 laptops from my workplace, after turning off the camera system. Unfortunately for them, they hadn't realized that we had turned on several webcams on the running laptops in the room :)

…unless it's a PR stunt.

this is what I was thinking

Security stole about 10 laptops from my workplace, after turning off the camera system. Unfortunately for them, they hadn't realized that we had turned on several webcams on the running laptops in the room :)

I was watching a Brinks delivery at a restaurant I was at the other day and I reminded my aunt that these guys that do it make around $10 an hour. It makes you wonder if contracting security to the lowest bidder is such a good system.

…unless it's a PR stunt.
I had a talk with Lar today after they presented the demos and unless he is a really good actor I do not think it is a PR stunt.

Maybe it was an act of "Lar" ceny :)

We've known the folks from Larian for a very long time. Do we really need to assume the worst of every developer?

It's an age thing, there's a time when everything is more interesting if there's something bigger behind it, a conspiracy.

Back
Top Bottom