Diablo 3 - Patch 1.0.7 Preview

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Blizzard has posted a preview of the upcoming 1.0.7 update for Diablo III:
Patch 1.0.7 is currently under development and many of the changes included in that update will soon be on the PTR. Before we hit you with patch notes, though (and a new client to download), here's a preview of what's coming.

• Dueling
  • Class Updates
  • Crafting Additions
  • Monster Power Changes
  • Monster Affix Changes
  • Quality of Life Improvements
More information.

Glad to see these improvements. I would suggest a few more, but this is a giant step in the right direction. On a side note, the crap that is the Infernal Machine shouldn't have an attempt limit. It should be just like the Staff of Herding where you can go back as many as times as you wish. Just make the Infernal Machine tougher with no limits, & there you go.

Diablo 3 needs a complete overhaul of its systems to be playable. It is simply a horrible game

It's definitely playable.

If they implemented a significant change to the skill system for replayability - and they improved their itemization, I'd probably play it again. They have lots of cool things in there in terms of pure action gameplay and visuals.

PvP isn't really something I'd play a Diablo game for - but it's a nice way to boast about your gear I suppose.

That said, they'll never make a meaningful PvP mode in a game where balance can't exist. They haven't designed the characters for PvP balance, so there's simply NO WAY it will ever get to a place where it's a fair competition. People will resent that even more than usual - and it would never work as anything but a fun little diversion.

But maybe they'll implement class vs class or something - as that might work.

I still haven't bought it despite people here and else where saying I would. Doesn't appeal to me and never will. I mostly play all my game offline in the past and still do.

I broke my no online playing for TOR and I quit playing that F2P travesty already.I'm a dinosaur that doesn't exist according to Blizzard.:)

Though for those that love the game I remember hearing rumors about an expansion but there is still no news yet.

They need to simply allow you to disable the auction house and improve the drop rate/quality to be more like diablo 1 and 2. Then the game would be fine.

I'm pretty sure they're not going to change the drop rate. I imagine they purposely did it that way in order to encourage auction house use. Instead of picking up magical items all the time you pick up gold and buy the magical items you want.

I'm pretty sure they're not going to change the drop rate. I imagine they purposely did it that way in order to encourage auction house use. Instead of picking up magical items all the time you pick up gold and buy the magical items you want.

They already have. Multiple times.

The Evil-AH-Conspiracy theories are silly. Is the AH good or bad for the game? A little of both, maybe. Was it a grand conspiracy on Blizzard's part to make money/ruin the game/monetize with DLC later/whatever crazy idea? Nope.

They already have. Multiple times.

The Evil-AH-Conspiracy theories are silly. Is the AH good or bad for the game? A little of both, maybe. Was it a grand conspiracy on Blizzard's part to make money/ruin the game/monetize with DLC later/whatever crazy idea? Nope.

I didn't mean it in a way that it was some big conspiracy or anything. I simply meant that it seemed to me that the auction house was a central focus of the loot system. Basically, from what I read of people complaining about the drop rates, I simply figured Blizzard intended it that way so people would use the auction house feature more. Not necessarily using real money either, but in-game gold.

It seemed to me that Blizzard was going away from the old route (you gain all your magical items by drops), and trying something new (you get more gold drops and you buy the magical items you want). I could be way off though, I'm just going by what I've observed from other people talking about it.

I didn't mean it in a way that it was some big conspiracy or anything. I simply meant that it seemed to me that the auction house was a central focus of the loot system. Basically, from what I read of people complaining about the drop rates, I simply figured Blizzard intended it that way so people would use the auction house feature more. Not necessarily using real money either, but in-game gold.

It seemed to me that Blizzard was going away from the old route (you gain all your magical items by drops), and trying something new (you get more gold drops and you buy the magical items you want). I could be way off though, I'm just going by what I've observed from other people talking about it.

Fair enough. But I don't see any (legitimate) reason not to believe what they said about it: they wanted to shut down the black market for items that grew up around D2 and provide an official way for their customers to buy and sell items within the game.

Back
Top Bottom