The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Back to an old standby today:
"Riverful" by The Curtain Society
(link is about 1/2 down the page)

Unless you live in Massachusetts or are a pretty hardcore gazer, I'd be surprised if you had heard of them. Glad you liked it; they're one of my favorite bands and that's one of their better songs.

Can't go wrong with the Clash.

yeah the curtain society are always good stuff...i love my massachusetts bands though!!! they were even friends with and toured with my favourite shoegaze/dreampop band "an april march".

Black metal, as usual.

yeah the curtain society are always good stuff...i love my massachusetts bands though!!! they were even friends with and toured with my favourite shoegaze/dreampop band "an april march".
Isn't it a shame Bedazzled died? They had Curtain Society, An April March, and Siddal (among others). I don't generally pay much attention to labels, but I'd buy Bedazzled releases completely on faith.

Good one, Gig. Too bad about Shannon Hoon, what a waste.

I've been listening to some rather odd solo acoustic guitar stuff.

Pieces for Guitar by Derek Bailey - described as "non-idiomatic free improvisation" ... which basically means that his stuff has neither tonality or rhythm (here my wife would say - see, even *he* agrees it is noise). This is some of his early stuff recently released and shows much more structure than later work. Great to hear the origins.

Live music by Bill Frisell - pulled from a radio broadcast, this is from the late 90's and is another recent digitization from tape. Pretty straight-ahead stuff from a guy who used electronic effects pretty heavily in creating layers of sound in his usual jazz guitar stuff.

For some reason, after all of that non-structure I'm listening to a recent bargain acquisition that features very traditional 50's rock music:

Stubbs the Zombie Soundtrack

Back
Top Bottom