Two Worlds II - UK Rights Sold Back To TopWare

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There is no change for the customers though, we still have to wait for 2011. :(

Southpeak REALLY messed up 2 worlds 2 release . I wish topware the best success of TW 2, you can see the put a lot of love into the second game . And the original TW was pretty good after they patched it up. Im looking forward to an Expantion of TW 2.

The game is a huge improvement despite some designs decisions that I Scratch my head at.Whoever included the mp map into the sp campaign should be shot.

What unfinished aspects are you thinking of? I can only think of the strange unwilingness to show you the overall effects of your various weapons/armour pieces. Some other shortcomings seemed by design.

Here's another reason German/European games score less in the US. What was the delay between Oblivion in the US and Oblivion in Germany? What was the delay for Fallout New Vegas, etc. Was it over 2 months? Didn't think so. Instead of purchasing Two Worlds II at the same time as everyone else on the Watch, I've been forced to wait. I've been reading others' impressions and now I'm just not as excited about the game as I was when it was released originally. I'll probably not buy it first day, like I would have if it was released simultaneously here. I might wait for a sale or just get it second hand. Simultaneous releases gives less chance for negative word of mouth to affect sales. If I had read everything here about Fallout New Vegas, I might have waited for a couple of patches before buying. As it was, I was excited to get the game the same time as everyone else because it's a lot more fun to share impressions with folks who are playing it at the same time you are. Most of our European friends will have moved on from TW2 by the time I get it and play it, so it won't be as fun to talk about here. This lowers my overall enjoyment of the game and so it will "score" less in my rankings.

I dunno, crpgnut, I think there'll still be a flux of comments about TW2 when it releases in the wider world. I know that if (Big if) I get it, it won't be until the UK release is out.

I don't think so. The game is clearly unfinished in some respects (even though perfectly playable). Witness the number of "we'll patch this in later" issues.

You're right about that. Especially there're some graphical issues about the game. First there is so much bloom in the game that the landscape becomes too blurry. While on Xbox 360 there is not a problem and no framerate issue, on PC it do not fit well. Thanks to some tweaks you can disable annoying bloom but then there is AF problem. You can force AF from the driver menu then the normal mapping is off from the ground textures.

First there is so much bloom in the game that the landscape becomes too blurry. While on Xbox 360 there is not a problem and no framerate issue, on PC it do not fit well.

Just to clarify … I've heard several people complain about the HDR lighting and bloom effect on the 360 version. Apparently it's very bad, and there's no way to disable it. Hoping for a patch.

Back
Top Bottom