Sang Froid - omgawesomewerewolves!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
Finally! Werewolves! Enough vampires and zombii already, where are all the lycanthropes??

Just bought a game on Steam, in beta: Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves

Official Site

The video has me giggling with glee, looks too good to be true!

About the Game

Combining action and strategy in a unique way, Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves transports you into an epic folktale co-written with best-selling Canadian author Bryan Perro (Amos Daragon, Wariwulf), in which two feuding brothers will have to put aside their differences to save their sister, who is pursued by the Devil himself!

This time however, sheer brute strength won't be enough to save the day as your enemies are way stronger than you are. Only your wits and the ability to combine ingenious traps to setup deadly ambushes will give you a chance to see the sun rise again on your frozen piece of forest...

Key Features

-Plan your strategy! - Take advantage of the calm during the day to fill your forest with all kinds of traps that are as inventive as they are deadly.
-Hunt your enemies! - When night falls, use the wind and lure the diabolic beasts into your traps using bait... But watch out! You have to be on constant guard to make sure you don't become the prey of the beasts you are tracking!
-Fight heroically! - If some of the beasts get past your traps, that's when it gets bloody! First you can shoot them with your trusty musket and then eliminate the ones that survive by slaughtering them with your axe! Action and carnage guaranteed!
-Use fear to your advantage! - All the mechanics of the game revolve around the innovative concept of Fear Factor, which makes your ability to intimidate your enemy your best weapon. For example, use fire to frighten the wolves and scatter their packs.
-Customize your character! - Choose one of the two O'Carroll brothers and develop your character using a skill system based on role-playing games (RPGs), making your hero as unique as he is powerful!
-Discover a rich universe! - Immerse yourself in 19th century Canada where legends meet History in a world filled with lore and wonders. Buy historical weapons and items, fight mythical beasts and uncover the truth about werewolves...

Pretty unique! You're enjoying it?

It's a trippy game, definitely unique. It's kind of a defense in a way, it has those elements like Orcs Must Die w/ it's traps. You have attacking wolves, werewolves, and other such nasties which you must delay, harm, and outright kill w/ various traps. The waves hit, and the combined force of your trap layout and your melee/rifle weapons stops the enemy in their tracks. You set this all up during the day, then "go to night" and youre in 3rd person mode, outside and awaiting the coming mobs. I have to say that the animations for the wolves are pretty convincing. They really did a good job modeling their movement and reactions. There's a "fear" mechanic that plays into when they attack, which is a nice little strategic touch.

Meanwhile, you have some RPG leveling-up mechanics on your guy w/ a tech tree, and various abilities you throw on your hotbar. There's loot, and better weapons and stuff. You progress and get more traps, and you have a town which has various merchants and services. And characters in the story as well, there's a church (w/ it's priest) that's a big part of the story. The story and cutscenes are totally strange but fitting. The graphics are slightly cartoonish, but not too exagerrated.

I've been playing a lot of different titles lately, this one definitely sticks out.

Last edited:
Wait…how are you playing this now? It's listed as a March release. *Edit* Duh.. you're obviously playing the Beta.

Love the new sig btw. I could talk all day about the one-liners I have for C Norris.

Last edited:
Thanks for the impressions. I also watched the video.

It struck me that this is the perfect game for you Sammy - armed defense of your home, protecting the innocent against the evil outside world, no anti gun lobby, and no need for even a shred of a bad conscience ;)

It really looks pretty cool I must say. How difficult is it - does it take many tries to learn each attack pattern and figure out a strategy, or is it usually a one-off thing?

I'm on the fence with this one so far, not sure if it's rpg'ish enough for me. Open to more feedback if anyone else is enjoying the game and such, I'm not a fan of defense type games so that comparision doesn't do anything for me.

-Carn

GBG - I havent played enough of it yet to really be able to tell you how the difficulty truly goes later on, but the first few maps so far have been fair. They also give you a lot of information, almost too much, about the incoming enemy. You literally know exactly where the enemy are, what exact creatures and how many they are, and the exact path they will take. So you have a huge advantage just in the information youre given alone. There also is assisted aiming on the rifle, something I'm going to be turning off soon if possible.

But yeah, it's the perfect game for me in a way ='.'=

Plus ive always liked werewolves, when I was a kid i always preferred the wolfman over Dracula, frankenstein, and other iconic movie monsters.

Back
Top Bottom