FreedroidRPG - 0.15RC1 Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Well, I'm back from a lengthy business trip and I have a lot to catch up on. I have dozens of emails and I'm sure I'll miss something, so apologies for any overlooked submissions or requests.
As usual, getter77 has been keeping an eye one indie and roguelike projects and sends word FreedroidRPG has hit 0.15RC1. The intro from a long list of improvements:
The FreedroidRPG development team is happy to present FreedroidRPG 0.15. FreedroidRPG 0.15rc1 comes almost exactly one year after 0.14.1, and brings a lot of improvements: more than 1700 changes were made! This release was done by the usual suspects but also our four Google Summer of Code 2011 students, as well as many people who made their first contribution to FreedroidRPG.
Below is a condensed list of the changes that were made for 0.15.
Engine

• A new way of commanding your army of take-over droids is available: Multi-Bot Broadcast. Now you can issue one command to all of your droids that are on the same map level, making management of a large number of bots much simpler.
  • Loading a saved game saw a dramatic performance increase.
  • Armor rules were improved: armor gives you damage reduction. Hit/miss is handled separately.
  • The Network Mapper in-game program has been added: It displays all the enemies on the current level on the automap for a short time. Remember, you need to have the automap enabled and turned on (default key TAB) to use the skill!
  • Positional audio was implemented: now you can tell where and how far away that pesky droid is!
  • The level editor interface was improved, making the process of level creation much simpler and more intuitive: map labels, enemies and their relevant information can be placed, moved around and edited inside the editor and using the mouse, rather through a text file.
  • The user interface now properly handles various screen resolutions and aspect ratios (this is still a work-in-progress however).
  • Damage is now calculated and applied to NPCs only when the weapon actually lands, greatly improving the feeling of the slower weapons such as the sledgehammer.
Head over for more on the graphics, maps, dialogues and more.
More information.

Back
Top Bottom