Gothic 3 Question about magic....

DudeNtheRoom

Watcher
I'm not quite sure how magic works in this game. I haven't tried it out yet. I have a bunch of scroll type things in my inventory but not sure if once you use them they disapear or if you use them to learn a spell and then the spell is infinite. OR (lol) if you equip the scroll and only scrolls equipped can be cast.

JDR didn't you learn anything from the "Ultima 4 unplayable" debate. No one reads manuals anymore. ;)

But let's not be too elitist, ok? He's just asking how to use magic. It's not like he's asking where to get the torrent.

Ok dude, just click on one of the scrolls. Your character will then be holding the scroll and be able to cast it. The game doesn't automatically cast it when you click on the scroll. You still have to use it when you get out of the inventory screen.

Scrolls are like one shot spells that still take magical energy. If you don't have enough energy you won't be able to use it. For example: I was not able to use the unlock scroll until much later in the game when I got enough magic energy to be able to use it (this is with the patch).

Permanent spells can be learned from shrines dedicated to Beliar or Innos, and from Water Magicians/Druids. Those spells show up in your magic tab, and can be added to any hotkey for easy access.

Also, you need a certain amount of Ancient Knowledge to cast specific spells. This can also be gained from the shrines/water magicians/druids.

Back
Top Bottom