M&M: Heroes VI - New DLC, Gold Edition Coming

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Ubisoft announces a new DLC titled Danse Macabre for Might & Magic: Heroes VI - as well as a Gold Edition that includes both Adventure Packs:
Today, Ubisoft® announced that the second adventure pack for the universally acclaimed Might & Magic® Heroes® VI as well as a gold edition, including the game and the two adventure packs, will be made available for Windows® PC on September 28, 2012.
Developed by Limbic Entertainment GmbH in Germany, Might & Magic Heroes VI Danse Macabre Adventure Pack offers over 10-hours of epic adventure. The banished Might & Magic villain, the Great Lich Sandro, suddenly reappears with a vengeance to take on the world of Ashan and his dragon gods. This Adventure Pack also features an artifact set, a unique building, new heroes and an original pet.
In addition to the release of this new content, a Gold Edition of the game will be in stores on September, 28 2012. This Gold Edition includes the original game Might & Magic Heroes VI, the two Adventure Packs and an exclusive new map. Players will be able to take part in the infamous succession wars on this exclusive map based on the original Might & Magic® world of Enroth.
Might & Magic Heroes VI Danse Macabre Adventure Pack and The Gold Edition will be available to download on Ubishop, Steam and other digital retailers.
For more information, please visit www.mightandmagicgame.com.
Screenshots here from Blue's.
More information.

People over at Celestial heavens aren't overly happy with how little content is being pushed out in this second (and possibly final) DLC. I can't say I disagree - for an HoMM titile, it hasn't had much in the way of expansions.

But oh well… not withstanding Ubisoft DRM, maybe now I'll finally buy it via the gold edition.

I think I'll wait for the DRM-free GOG release. They already have the rest of the series up, so it's probably just a matter of time.

Drithius, ppl on the official forums are also not happy, not because the small content size but because in order to get the Enroth map, one should buy the whole game again.

Though I wouldn't buy it with the DRM Ubisoft uses, I wasn't terribly interested in this. I've been a HOMM fan since almost the start (2, didn't play 1) and have loved them. I played the demo for 6 and it just felt soulless. Was not really interested.

If it comes out DRM free for $10-$15 in a few years I may give it a try.

Though I wouldn't buy it with the DRM Ubisoft uses, I wasn't terribly interested in this. I've been a HOMM fan since almost the start (2, didn't play 1) and have loved them. I played the demo for 6 and it just felt soulless. Was not really interested.

If it comes out DRM free for $10-$15 in a few years I may give it a try.

actually HoMM 6 I think is really good, specially the stories (it's 5 brothers/sisters, each representing one faction, with intertwined stories), in fact the best way to play the game is not campaign by campaign, but mission by mission (there is a list of missions in chronological order you can find).

Back
Top Bottom