BioWare - Will be at the San Diego Comic Con

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bioware announces that they will be attending the San Diego Comic Con.
Hi Everyone,

BioWare is pleased to be visiting San Diego once again to be part of San Diego Comic Con. This year, BioWare will be part of the Dark Horse Comics booth inside the exhibit hall; as part of our booth presence, Community Manager Jessica Merizan will have members of the Dragon Age and Mass Effect teams, along with special guests.

Come out and meet Jessica, along with Mass Effect producer Mike Gamble, Dragon Age editor Ben Gelinas, and Dragon Age artist Nick Thornborrow. Ben and Nick are the creators of the Dragon Age: The World of Thedas lore book, and will be on hand at the BioWare section of the Dark Horse Comics booth to sign autographs with fans; they look forward to talking with fans in attendance. We are also working to have some special guests visit us; we’ll update everyone when they are confirmed.

Visiting the Dark Horse booth is your only chance to get your hands on the San Diego Comic Con exclusive, the Bronze SR-1 Normandy. There are only 300 of these available and are limited to two per person, so make sure you come to get yours before they run out.
More information.

Okay, I adore comics. I really do, and sometimes can't help myself, so I've spent too much of cash last month on The Incal and it's two spin-offs (and still didn't complete the collection as the next volume will be translated next month).

Dark Horse did some good stuff in the past, but also some bad. In this case of doing business with EA, I know I'd never buy this:
http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/22-500/Mass-Effect-Library-Edition-Volume-1-HC
Or any of these:
http://www.darkhorse.com/Search/dragon+age

Sorry Bioware, perhaps you should make hoodies and sneakers like Bethstore did with Vault101 model, you'd earn some cash on me. Maybe. But comics? And generic ones? I'm skipping it.

I simply hate the SDCC, because they sell stuff there that is nowhere else in the world available.

Sorry Bioware, perhaps you should make hoodies and sneakers like Bethstore did with Vault101 model, you'd earn some cash on me. Maybe. But comics? And generic ones? I'm skipping it.

World of Thedas vol1 is actually pretty awesome and not a comic book (I own it).

There is also a Bioware store, you know. With hoodies, T-shirts, bags, etc...

World of Thedas vol1 is actually pretty awesome and not a comic book (I own it).
Good for you. I'm still not buying.

There is also a Bioware store, you know. With hoodies, T-shirts, bags, etc…
The store is not in the qustion, but the stuff offered.
Most of Bio's stuff is just an expensive junk. That is, when you think of it, utterly worthless.

If you actually enjoy the lore of these settings the comics are worth the reads. The Dragon Age ones especially add a lot to the world and were written by the main writer of both games and the books. Not buying them is obviously your choice but for others who may be on the fence about buying them I would recommend it. Compared to some of the Star Wars comics that Dark Horse has put out both the Mass Effect and Dragon Age ones are better than many SW comics I've read.

The store is not in the qustion, but the stuff offered.
Most of Bio's stuff is just an expensive junk. That is, when you think of it, utterly worthless.

Just so you know, you might want to stop buying form Bethesda, because both stores sell the same expensive junk at the same price.

Back
Top Bottom