NWN 2: Storm of Zehir - Interview @ CVG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Storm of Zehir lead Tony Evans speaks to CVG about the second NWN2 expansion. Here's an interesting clip:
You've mentioned full party customisation, dungeon crawling, and free exploration. Can we therefore expect it to be light on role-playing?

Evans: To the contrary, Storm of Zehir will feature more role-playing than our previous games. One example is party customization itself.

Players can design a full four-person party, each with their own individual attributes. The party can be customized further with a party name, motto and bio. We'll also be including several premade characters and parties to select from.

As the player advances in Storm of Zehir, their party will gain fame and reputation as a group, which will attract the interest of cohorts. Cohorts are interesting characters that can be recruited to shore up any weaknesses the party may have. The party can also earn Teamwork Benefits, which are special feats that affect the entire party.
More information.

Sounds pretty cool. I wonder if you'll have to have a party of four, or if you could just make one and recruit the rest.

Looks like I might have to get NWN2 after all. Hm, why is it that always the second NWN expansion awakes my interest in the game? :lol:

This looks great ... I've still been fiddling with NWN2 on the Mac since completing it and reviewing a while back.

BTW: Did you find a way to get MotB installed on your Mac?

I think that's positive. I like the way how Obsidian expands the system of the core NWN2 game. NWN2 is a stable platform, the game still looks great, so I wouldn't mind if they keep on making more expansions for this game.

The only thing I can't really understand is this confusing number of prestige classes. I don't see any advantage in that.

BTW: Did you find a way to get MotB installed on your Mac?

Never did - and that includes downloading the dev tools and compiling some utilities that should have helped ... I might retry now that I have it on Leopard ...

Back
Top Bottom