CD Projekt RED - New Studio Opening in Krakow

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
If anyone remembers CD Projekt RED said in there company meeting a few months ago that the company would be expanding. It's now official and the new studio will be making two smaller RPG's.
Warsaw, Poland-based studio CD Projekt RED, responsible for The Witcher franchise and the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, is expanding to a second studio in Krakow, Gamasutra is able to confirm.

This July we are opening an office in Krakow. As we informed in our strategy outlook some time ago, aside from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077, the studio aims to develop two smaller (approximately 20h of gameplay) premium quality titles. Consisting of 20 people, the core team in Krakow will be responsible for developing one of these games.
More information.

My city :D

It's surprising news in the times of crisis. I guess CD Projekt are really going out of the distribution business (which had funded the first Witcher) and really putting almost everything into game development.

Mine as well xD,

anyway… I would rather see one 40… 50… (100!) hour game than two for 20 :p

My guess is there working on expansions for the next two games or making two smaller games that that tie into them. If there priced accordingly I wont care if there short.

Didn't they say that while they are ending the Geralt story, that they weren't done with the Witcher? Maybe i got that wrong. But, if thats the case, they may be working on smaller games in that universe. Kind of like what Bethesda did with Redguard.

Didn't they say that while they are ending the Geralt story, that they weren't done with the Witcher? Maybe i got that wrong. But, if thats the case, they may be working on smaller games in that universe. Kind of like what Bethesda did with Redguard.
In one of my recent previews one of the developers said there ending the trilogy but it's not the last you will see of him.

Back
Top Bottom