Banned christmas carols - PC gone mad!

Benedict

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
article

Christmas carols for the mentally disturbed

20/12/2007

THIS list of 'Christmas carols for the mentally disturbed' was published with the backing of a social services department. The publishers have now withdrawn the magazine, Marooned, to remove the offending article.

Do you think they are offensive, or just a bit of harmless fun? Tell us what you think?

1. Schizophrenia - Do You Hear What I Hear?

2. Multiple Personality Disorder - We Three Kings Disoriented Are.

3. Dementia - I Think I'll be Home For Christmas.

4. Narcissistic - Hark The Herald Angels Sing About Me.

5. Manic - Deck The Halls And Walls And House And Lawn And Stores And Office And Town And Cars And Buses And Trucks And Trees And...

6. Paranoid - Santa Clause Is Coming To Town To Get Me.

7. Borderline Personality Disorder - Thoughts Of Roasting On An Open Fire.

8. Personality Disorder - You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why.

9. Attention Deficit Disorder - Silent Night, Holy Oooh Look At The Froggy, Can I Have A Chocolate, Why Is France So Far Away.

10. Obessive Complusive Disorder - Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,.

This may not be PC but I thought they were funny.

All the establishments seem to be so concerned about offending any kind of group. We have forgotten that freedom of speech isn't just for people who say nice things that please everyone. It's about the freaks, nerds, jerks and basic nutballs out there that want to say what is on their mind or try to sell it to the crowd. If the establishment doesn't like it then ignore them or don't buy whatever they are selling. I guarentee they will shut up when they run out of money, just don't try to censor them.

Carlos Mencia is great at taking on the PC hordes.

As someone who believes that PC should be relegated to the trash can of history, these in no-way offend me!!

All this PC BS really needs to stop.If people would learn to laugh at themselves more, the world would be a much better place to live. For the record, i thought they were hilarious.

"regulated to the trash can of history" I love that.

It took you only 1 sentence to better explain your position than my 7 sentences. I gotta remember less is more.

Corwin has the wisdom of having seen it all, heard it all, done it all and can sometimes even remember parts of it. (Also a way with short posts that few can emulate--especially me. I never shut up. :) )

Not only did I ROFLMAO over these carols but I personally identified with them and am very offended that my needs were not adequately met and my personal liberties infringed upon by the PC blinded individuals who withdrew them from publication.>:O:shakefist:

All this PC BS really needs to stop.If people would learn to laugh at themselves more, the world would be a much better place to live. For the record, i thought they were hilarious.

Word!

Übereil

"Politically correct". If you say something that is "politically incorrect", you will cause a stir in polite society.

Anyway, what's so funny about them?

Thanks, haven't heard that shorthand before (though I know the expression, of course).

I question the point with this CD. You can poke fun of mentally disturbed people and retards, as long as you can come up with a positive twist to it. The movie The Ringer was a such movie that seems politically incorrect at the first glance, but actually manages to be very respectful to athletes in the Special Olympics. I would probably have picked another target group to make fun of when making this CD.

Last edited:
How do you know who wrote the article? Since it's published with the backing of a social services department, it seems likely that people working with psychiatric patients, or psychiatric patients themselves, may be involved. From where I'm at, they seem pretty perceptive.

Our local psychiatric patients' association sells T-shirts with some pretty funny slogans, for example. "I hear voices" is their biggest hit.

Here's a comment on the article, btw:

I myself have mental heath problems and have read this article. I’m 34 years old and have suffered all my life with one problem or another. I have dealt with the editors of this magazine and they all suffer with men-tal health problems and also have relatives and close friends with mental health problems and did not mean to offend anyone who has read this article in the magazine it was meant as a joke for Christmas. One last thing that people should know is that they were not allowed to speak to the press or television to pass com-ment and let people know how they feel about this.

In a forum about high sensitivity, wherein there are many people with psychological problems, a similar list was going around much earlier (with a different theme)

To us (I'm in that forum), this is funny in a very twisted way. People who know their disorders might even be able to laugh at that (possible fitting German word: "Galgenhumor").

That would be "gallows humor" in English. It's an idiomatic expression.

I question the point with this CD. You can poke fun of mentally disturbed people and retards, as long as you can come up with a positive twist to it. The movie The Ringer was a such movie that seems politically incorrect at the first glance, but actually manages to be very respectful to athletes in the Special Olympics. I would probably have picked another target group to make fun of when making this CD.

You must really hate Carlos Mencia :)

Not everything has to have a positive twist and why should it. Some of the best humor is found from someone else's pain. Ask any comedian and they will say the same thing. Pain is funny. Just look at Tom and Jerry. A basic cartoon about a mouse beating up a cat and vice versa, but nowadays you would have to have some kind of positive message at the end. No more positive messages please, I've had my fill of them.

Is this an urban legend?

This sounds like the fictitious test given to "inner city" kids with questions like "how far can a man carry a 50lb tv if he can carry a 10lb tv 25 feet?" Every other year you hear about teachers getting fired or corrected for giving this so called test or distributing it in the teachers lounge.

http://www.snopes.com/humor/question/mathtest.asp

Back
Top Bottom