Gothic - Complete Collection 15% Off at GamersGate

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
You can get every Gothic game ever made for 15% off at GamersGate. This bundle includes Arcania, Gothic 1, 2, 3 and all the expansion packs. You can get it here for $67.99.
More information.

gothic2 was bad? not according to most people.. i liked it better than the first. 3 was alright too with the community patches.

This is a little off-topic, but I noticed last night that Arcania is now available from Gamersgate. I intended to boycott this game for a while at least, but since it seemed to be in my grasp, so I bought and downloaded it. At the end of a six hour download this morning I tried to start it up, but it would't work! I then checked its folder in my C drive and noticed it only had three files in the folder with nothing in them… Whats the deal with that? Are there hidden files somewhere, or I'm simply unlucky and didnt get a full download for some reason? Anyone experience this kind of situation before with GamersGate? Any advice?

I figured I had no choice but to delete these three files and do a fresh 6 hour download, which I'm now waiting with one hour to go…

I never had any problems with GG. Although, I have only bought 3 games from them. Not sure what would cause that. Maybe too many people downloading the same file caused it to mess up somehow?

gothic2 was bad? not according to most people.. i liked it better than the first. 3 was alright too with the community patches.

I meant: Good = G1&2, Bad = G3, Ugly = Arcania. Thought that was clear.

(Even though I like Gothic 1 more than 2.)

I never had any problems with GG. Although, I have only bought 3 games from them. Not sure what would cause that. Maybe too many people downloading the same file caused it to mess up somehow?

I appreciate the reply… I had to download it again(6 hours), but this time I changed the patch directly to my C drive and not in "Program Files." Its working with no problems now. I think it was a Vista issue.

I made an impulse buy when I noticed that I could in fact get my hands on it last night rather than waiting another week. GamersGate was good for that since they are based out of Sweden. I live in the US. After playing Arcania for a few hours now, I have to say it really isn't that bad. The PCs graphics are actually quite good except for some "popping" in and out of the grass and shadows. Its not a Gothic game though, and its certainly not a hard-core rpg either, but it is fun to a certain extent.

For all of you whom are on the fence, feel free to shoot me questions. Overall, I'd say save your money for another week or two and spend it on Fallout NV or Fable III. Wait until the price drops and a patch or two comes out. It's not what us Gothic fans were hoping for, but it is fun. I can't get enough of rpgs, thats all I play. So for me it really wasnt a waste of money, I'll play Arcania to death until my copy of Fallout gets delivered.

Hindukönig: uh, since arcania isnt even in the package that doesnt make much sense + you mentioned 3 words, not 4 ;)

whatever :)

you're right, i missed that. wow, that's fast, usually those packs doesnt come out right away.

This is a little off-topic, but I noticed last night that Arcania is now available from Gamersgate. I intended to boycott this game for a while at least, but since it seemed to be in my grasp, so I bought and downloaded it. At the end of a six hour download this morning I tried to start it up, but it would't work! I then checked its folder in my C drive and noticed it only had three files in the folder with nothing in them… Whats the deal with that? Are there hidden files somewhere, or I'm simply unlucky and didnt get a full download for some reason? Anyone experience this kind of situation before with GamersGate? Any advice?

I figured I had no choice but to delete these three files and do a fresh 6 hour download, which I'm now waiting with one hour to go…

When a GamersGate download finishes it should auto-launch the installer. If that didn't happen, it didn't finish and quit for some reason.

I have a few dozen or so games from them, have had a couple of game issues (mostly with Beyond Divinity), several downloads that quit and needed to restart, but in general have been very pleased with them.

I've downloaded games from GG using dial up (!) and resuming 20-30 times and they've been 100% robust so far. They could do with some better documentation though, I suspect a lot of people think that if the downloader app shuts down they have to start again from the beginning.

Gothic's price went up. I purchased Gothic Universe from Amazon for < $15 about a year ago ... its $40 now wowee! PB as an investment blend hahaha

Back
Top Bottom