Dragon Age - Release Date Queries?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This newsbit has little basis but coming from Shacknews, it's going to get around and I thought we'd post it just in case it happens to be true. According to Shack, they noticed several online sites had suddenly pushed the date out on console versions of Dragon Age. BioWare responded but they seem to have left room for doubt:
BioWare has chimed in on the matter, telling Shacknews that it is "still targeting an October 20 release date" for Dragon Age: Origins and adding that "if the release date changes, we'll issue a press release."
More information.

DAMNIT! There's NOTHING else coming out in October! How can they DO this to us?

No, wait...!

Hm. Was a reason given for the delay? Given all the other games due for launch in October, I'm remarkably unfazed ;-)

EDIT: having just posted that, I wonder if this is not them trying to avoid releasing DA with too many other titles in the field? If tat is so, they're jerking their target audience around again, especially after the PC release date fiasco. I feel my unfazedness evaporating.

All that probably matters is that it come out before the holidays and in time to make all the Top Ten Best lists, I guess. It's going to take a lot of reviews and comments by trusted people before I buy this one anyway as the PR has completely made me lose interest.

I think they have looked at just how many games that were coming out around October 2009, and then decided to move it up (or back?) 14 days or so...

As for the release date in Europe, I'm happy :) It's my Dad's birthday :)

The reason for the delay is, of course, that they want the game to best it can be; making sure bugs etc. are ironed out before release. Very understandable...

The reason for the delay is, of course, that they want the game to best it can be; making sure bugs etc. are ironed out before release. Very understandable...

Haha, yeah. If it turns out that the bugs were merely coppered out, there´ll be backslash galore.

I don't know why you would be so sure. It could also be a problem with the folks physically publishing the DVDs for the game. Or it could be there's a nasty problem on the PS3 so they are delaying the other versions in an effort to keep the PS3 users from screaming as much. It's really hard for us to know, beings as how it isn't any of our business.

I really don't mind too much ... I was working on a blog post lamenting how so many of the RPG's are squished in a 2 week period this fall ...

X-Mas

Christmas, Christmas...

One word...
Whatever.

The real reason is problems in the console variants made them push the PC version ... once again.

Sorry that was my fault, I pre-ordered DA right before this was announced. The gaming gods are snickering at my gullibility. My first ever pre-order too I think.

The real reason is problems in the console variants made them push the PC version ... once again.

I'm not sure - there is grumbling on the console side of Bioware releasing buggy games for consoles the last few times, particularly with Mass Effect. DOn't know first hand ... but this delay is raising concerns.

I'm not sure - there is grumbling on the console side of Bioware releasing buggy games for consoles the last few times, particularly with Mass Effect. DOn't know first hand ... but this delay is raising concerns.

Thats not true, at least not any worse then the pc versions. Mass Effect I played on the 360.

Back
Top Bottom