RPG News - Star Wars Bundle Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
LucasArts has announced a nice Star Wars bundle that will include Knights of the Old Republic among several other titles:
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – November 15, 2006 – LucasArts today announced that, for the first time ever, five of the greatest Star Wars® games for the personal computer, plus a free 14-day trial of Star Wars Galaxies, will be packaged together in Star Wars: The Best of PC. This exciting new compilation will be released this month, and will be available only for the holiday 2006 season for a suggested price of $39.99.

Star Wars: The Best of PC features titles from some of the most popular videogame franchises ever released. Combined, the games have sold millions of copies worldwide and, for the first time, are available in one box. Included in Star Wars: The Best of PC are: Star Wars®: Empire at War™, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic®, Star Wars Battlefront™, Star Wars Jedi Knight® II: Jedi Outcast™, and Star Wars Republic Commando™. In addition, a 14-day trial of the popular online experience, Star Wars Galaxies®, is included in the package.

“Hundreds of hours of Star Wars gameplay, spanning many different genres, can be found in Star Wars: The Best of PC, making it the perfect holiday gift for any Star Wars fan, or any PC gamer,” said Nancy MacIntyre, vice president of global sales and marketing for LucasArts. “Every kind of gameplay is available in The Best of PC, from fast-paced action, to tactical, real-time strategy, to engaging role-playing. It’s all here, it’s all PC, and it’s all Star Wars.”
More information.

This is a great value - sure it is only recent stuff, but there are some real gems here!

Not Bad - I'll wait for it to go down in price...

As I become older, I find that I'm becoming more addicted to shovelware. Personally, I'd have placed Jedi Academy into the bundle instead of Jedi Outcast. Also, have they released the level editor for Republic Commando? That's probably sweeten the deal as well. As is, I'll wait for this to hit the bargain bin.

A collection of goodies for those who were hesitant when the games came out; quite nice (unfortunately I have all but EaW).

And if my avatar didn't hint at it, I have everything (except for Galaxies, but that doesn't exist anyway ...)

Sounds good , except for the fact that any Star Wars fan is likely to already have most of those games.

Got all of them except for EaW and Commando. Tried the demos and didn't care for them.

Last edited:
Republic Commando was one of my favorites of the more recent SW games (along with the KotORs - funnily enough I got those three for the Box and all others for PC), despite initial doubts. Nicely done.

@txa: do you have the Yoda Desktop adventure as well?

@txa: do you have the Yoda Desktop adventure as well?

No, but nor do I have 'The Gungan Frontier' ... but we do have most of the Lucas Learning stuff - of which my kids *still* love to break out Yoda's Challenge every now and then ... back then I was really a FPS-only player, so that dominated my gaming collection as well.

Fantastic bundle. I wish that I hadn't already played the ones that I want to play. Empire at War is worth 3/4 of the value alone.

Back
Top Bottom