GOG - Summer Sale: Might & Magic

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Actually in case of gog I'd prefer to see additional games instead of sales. I mean the "good old games" (and not the new releases) aren't very pricey in the first place.

Still waiting for the Eye Of the Beholder series for example. Albion is another great example of a missing RPG Goldie.

Actually in case of gog I'd prefer to see additional games instead of sales. I mean the "good old games" (and not the new releases) aren't very pricey in the first place.

Still waiting for the Eye Of the Beholder series for example. Albion is another great example of a missing RPG Goldie.

I'm sure they would love to get more games, but a lot of those games are tied up in copyright hell. It took them years of negotiation and research just to get System Shock 2. I think the rights where owned by an insurance company because of various bankruptcies and other legal issues.

The sales are very nice though. I wouldn't own half as many gog games without them, because a lot of them are games I own already, but I'm willing to buy them again for $2-5 because they "just work" and I don't have to spend time messing around trying to get them to run on a modern machine.

Well, i know what i'm doing when i get home.

Is this series worth dipping into for the first time at this late date? I've never played it.

Hell yes. Play World of Xeen.

I bought MM 6-pack, "limited edition" (lol) just to get an easy install for MM 1-6. Only $5. Well worth it.

This is actually a really great deal - for a little over $5, you can get all 8 of the original Might & Magic games (I'm leaving off MMIX on purpose, lol!)

Crusader of M&M is crap. It shouldn't be in that pack.

I'm disappointed that the HoM&M games aren't included, but this is still a great deal for anyone who doesn't have these titles yet.

MM3 to MM7 are very good games and still playable today.

MM8 is unbalanced. MM2 is ultra hardcore. I never played completely through MM1 and MM9.

MM3 to MM7 are very good games and still playable today.

MM8 is unbalanced. MM2 is ultra hardcore. I never played completely through MM1 and MM9.

I remember playing MM2 when it first came out. I don't think I ever finished it (and don't recall anything about following a story). I do recall keeping maps and enjoying all the little hidden passages you could find all over the place. Of course, they were usually filled with enemies like +250 mega-kobolds or something, that were near impossible to beat. :)

A part of me would kind of love it if they re-released these games with some graphical upgrades and some gameplay updates, a la the upcoming game. Doubt it will happen though.

MM7 is my favourite - great memories of that. My son played it for the first time recently and I enjoyed watching him go through it.

Typically I just bought M&M7 from GoG last weekend! Ah well I guess $3 more aint to bad. ;)

Daniel.

Crusaders & MMIX are the only titles I don't already own. Blah.
Same here - and against my better judgement I caved in and bought them. Damn this completist mentality I have - I know they are probably not worth the time.

Well maybe they have nice soundtracks at least.

Same here - and against my better judgement I caved in and bought them. Damn this completist mentality I have - I know they are probably not worth the time.

I was in the same boat and surprised myself by NOT buying them :)

Might and Magic 2 was my favorite. Remember the maps to M&M 1+2. If there was a giant spider or a dragon on the map they were also in the game. I thought that was real cool when I was younger. Also, in the second one there were 3 swords drawn into the map and they were also in the game. Awsome !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom