The DArtagnan is a terrible person thread

achievement.png

Nice idea. Kinda like the Bash oblivion thread but as with that there's no chance you'll contain all the OT regarding your persona here. Anyway I agree that you've mellowed in the past couple of years.
Oh, and since I guess I have to chip in I can't help but say how much I hate your favourite tactic of absolutely shitting in the worst.imaginable.way on a game/an opinion and then bailing out of the conflict in the same post by saying "but that's just me, I'm unusual *smilie* and that is my opinion *smilie* (<-implied or not)".

I can appreciate that, except that I rarely bail out. Lately, I've been "bailing out" - but that's mostly because I don't actually enjoy bogging down threads in personal bullshit - and people have been bitching about how I won't ever shut up. You guys can't have it both ways. I'm trying to balance being myself and yet not needlessly irritating people. It's hard - because I'm an irritating person when I disagree with you.

Next time it happens, see if you can notice who makes it personal - because it's almost never me. Someone else decides to take my words as a personal insult and THEN it becomes personal.

Now, I don't blame them for that. Having someone "shit" all over your favorite game can feel like a personal insult - but it's really not. Having someone "shit" over your opinion about a game is also not a personal insult - as I've tried to explain.

Then again, that's something I might be alone in thinking and that's ok.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread, though ;)

In related news, water is wet. ;)

You have "strange" views on things because you operate from an unusual value system. Unusual, as in not mainstream, as opposed to unusual as in unmitigated evil. Even though you're a utopian leftie loon :)P), you're fairly consistent with your application of those values. Seems to me there's nothing wrong with being different as long as you're true to your own values. You readily acknowledge that doing so is going to lead to conflict, so it seems to me that you're going in with your eyes open. Can't ask for much more than that.

Imagine how boring it would be if we all agreed on everything.

Obviously, it's not hard to agree with praise like that.

Even so, I think you might just be the only "online stranger" who ever really "got me" - and that's a refreshing concept.

Then again, I don't expect to "be got" so it would be ok if no one ever did.

But at least you've been listening to some of my endless crap about how I operate - so thanks!

Where's the 'like' button when you needed it for once?
...and what was that about my garden being messy? :gorath:

Half your "problem" is that you generally put way too much value on innovation and artistry, at least as compared to mainstream thought. Broad brush, of course, but it works well enough. Because of that, you're apt to get really enthused about the gaming equivalent of broiled pelican penis while shitting all over a perfectly suitable peanut butter -n- jelly sammich (not classy enough to even call a sandwich, mind you). That puts you crosswise with "common thought" right off the hop and then you defend your walls 300-Spartan style. Probably the only fault in that is occasionally you lose track of the fact that judgments easily made within your value system won't always fit well with someone not sharing said system. We're all guilty of that sin, though. Part of being semi-human and all that...

It's probably easier just to call you an arrogant prick and stuff the finer details, but I'm reminded of something about pots and kettles... :D

That does sound pretty impressive :)
I have to ask you: how many people have earned that achievement so far?

2-3 people in many years. Congratulations :)

I think you are the reason its rotten in Denmark.

2-3 people in many years. Congratulations :)
Well, at least now I've got a goal to shoot for. I should have a good shot at making the playoffs, as a minimum. :)

You take yourself too seriously, musketeer.

DArtagnan is a bad bad person. He put a curse on my cat and turned her into a newt … errrrr … i mean this!

Attachments

• SkunkA.JPG
    SkunkA.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 75
This

I came here for entertainment but all I see is an uncomfortable hug fest. <leaves>

and this

You take yourself too seriously, musketeer.

Many of your rebuttals include a personal insult. Stop doing that and maybe you'll get less flack. It's really quite simple (for some). ;)

Joxer is much more annoying and Thrasher

Yes indeed he is but so am I. I think most of the watch is in some way also. Just remember my opinion is always right and everyone else is wrong.:p

It's the first rule of the internet you peons.:smug:

It's probably easier just to call you an arrogant prick and stuff the finer details, but I'm reminded of something about pots and kettles… :D
I never said I wasn't. :) I just don't wear it quite the same way. Besides, I used a smiley and that makes everything ok, right?

Hehe, well - at least the thread is providing a modicum of entertainment :)

Back
Top Bottom