Rise of the Triad remake.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I own boxed versions og the original and expansion. It has it's charm for sure. Initially I was hyped about it but now I'm not expecting too much. I suspect it will get below average reviews. Same thing goes for the new Shadow Warrior. It is made by a more accomplished developer but it seems they removed that which made SW unique. Its political incorrectness and stereotypes.

Blood Dragon was turning the original game upside down and going into as much sillyness as possible. It was instabuy for me.
This here... Doesnt' look like that. Not buying.

I just pre-ordered it from GMG. If you use the latest voucher on their site, it's only $11.25

I've watched a few gameplay videos, and it looks decent enough. It doesn't take itself too seriously. There appears to be a ton of gore and pop-culture references.

Same thing goes for the new Shadow Warrior. It is made by a more accomplished developer but it seems they removed that which made SW unique. Its political incorrectness and stereotypes.

I never played Shadow Warrior despite being a big fan of the other popular Build engine games (Duke Nukem 3D, Blood). To be honest, I'm a little surprised they chose that title for a remake. I didn't think the original was that popular.

I own boxed versions og the original and expansion. It has it's charm for sure. Initially I was hyped about it but now I'm not expecting too much. I suspect it will get below average reviews. Same thing goes for the new Shadow Warrior. It is made by a more accomplished developer but it seems they removed that which made SW unique. Its political incorrectness and stereotypes.
You wanna wash Wang or watch Wang wash Wang?

Ah, the memories :biggrin:

Oh, this one's a no-brainer for me. RotT was one of my favorite silly shooters back in the days, have the boxed edition plus Extreme RotT here on the shelf. And Shadow Warrior was surprisingly good IIRC. Have that one here, too (I guess I played them all back then).

A lot og SW happening. Both a redux of the original and a new modern adaptation by the devs responsible for Hard Reset. I wonder how the redux compares to using a source port with high def textures?

I'll grab this one at some point ... though the GMG coupon is compelling - I had the shareware disk and bought the full game back when it came out. Not my fave of the generation, but still solid fun.

A lot og SW happening. Both a redux of the original and a new modern adaptation by the devs responsible for Hard Reset. I wonder how the redux compares to using a source port with high def textures?

The word on the Steam forums is that the controls are significantly improved. More specifically, mouse aiming is a lot smoother\tighter.

*Edit* I've purchased and so far just played the first level. I like it, and I'm not sure why I didn't play this back when it was released. Same style of gameplay and level design as Duke Nukem 3D.

You have a choice between "smooth or "retro" style graphics. Although I don't see much of a difference between them to be honest. The resolution is far greater than the original Build engine games though (I'm playing in 1920x1200), and the control scheme is completely modern and customizable.

This is a must-buy at $10.

Last edited:
A friend and I played the crap out of Shadow Warrior when it came out. It was great fun MP and at times downright hilarious. is mp working in this new version?

Back
Top Bottom