Fallout 4 - Shown Behind Closed Doors At E3 2013?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
According to Bubblews Fallout 4 was shown to a select group behind closed doors. The site has not revealed its source so take everything you are about to read with a grain of salt.
Fallout 4 has (apparently) been absent from E3 this year. However, behind closed doors, Bethesda gave details and a 37 second trailer for the upcoming Fallout 4. Pete Hines of Bethesda is keeping tight lipped about the 45 minute presentation, but it seems there was a leaker inside who was willing to give this information.

-Fallout 4 has been in development since January 2011 by a small team, as the majority were working on Skyrim.

- As of February 2013, the team working on Fallout 4 is the size of the team which was working on Skyrim. This is due to Skyrim development ending.

-As it stands now, Fallout 4 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. However, this is still subject to change.

-The actual announcement for Fallout 4 will come BEFORE E3 2014, but will NOT launch in 2014.

-The expected launch is in October 2015.

-The game is (as of June 2013) 55% complete, consequently, voice actors will be hired towards the end of 2014

-There is no planned multi-player, but there is a possibility of Co-Op locally.

-The game will take place in Somerville, Cambridge, Arlington (and surrounding areas). The main setting is in a Post-Apocalyptic Boston. However, this area will not be immediately accessible.
-The story is not clear, however, Vaults exist.

-The 37 second trailor starts starts with a half-broken phone sparking. The scene pulls out slowly with the stereotypical music you would hear. Slowly you work out the scene is pulling out of a belltower. As it pulls further out, you see a destroyed town around. This is Boston. Suddenly, you hear the bell chime loudly, and the screen changes black instantly. The words of Ron Pearlman are heard "War… War never changes…". The logo for Fallout 4 appears with the 5 platforms above listed.
More information.

Last edited:
fallout, fallout never stops sucking…

ah, bring back the real games…
Really I haven't been let down by any fallout game and I played them all. Even the console abomination. Bring on the next one.:clap:

Jeezus, 2 1/2 years away!?

Waiting… Waiting never stops sucking…
Look on the bright side there are other good rpg's coming out in 2014 to lessen the burden of waiting.

Last edited:
So basically the Fallout 3 teaser trailer but now with the Liberty Bell Tower instead of the Washington monument.

It sound like the usual speculation, but now with E3 as backdrop to make it feel legitimate. Weren't there rumors about a dev spilling the beans at the 2010 E3 about Skyrim?

If there was a behind closed doors we'll hear about it in a few months (why invite press if you don't want them to write about it? It could've been a retailers-only event though (Maybe this is where they decide all that horrible shop-specific dlc?)

So basically the Fallout 3 teaser trailer but now with the Liberty Bell Tower instead of the Washington monument.

It sound like the usual speculation, but now with E3 as backdrop to make it feel legitimate. Weren't there rumors about a dev spilling the beans at the 2010 E3 about Skyrim?

If there was a behind closed doors we'll hear about it in a few months (why invite press if you don't want them to write about it? It could've been a retailers-only event though (Maybe this is where they decide all that horrible shop-specific dlc?)

I brought that up in the previous topic these aren't accidents. It's keeps the hype and expectation of Bethesda's titles alive. Pete Hines did tweet there was an event but didn't say what was shown.

As I said this is all speculation. Just remember if I had a dollar for every rumor that came true I wouldn't be rich, but have spending money. Rumors do turn out to be fact sometimes.

Last edited:
"So basically the Fallout 3 teaser trailer but now with the Liberty Bell Tower instead of the Washington monument."

Unless there is another Liberty Bell, the Liberty Bell is actually in Philadelphia.

I can't be excited about something that is so far away! That's ages :) At least we will have Witcher 3 to tie us over.

Huh, perhaps by the apocalypse, the hobo pee smell will be gone from Boston. Either way, good to see the East Coast getting some love.

I'm not enthused about that location at all, but it's exactly what I expected, and I suspect Bethesda was considering that region for a sequel while they were still developing Fallout 3.

There were references to that area in FO3. Specifically, a place called "The Institute" in the ruins of Cambridge, which is obviously a reference to The Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

-There is no planned multi-player

Good. One thing I like about Bethesda is that they've done a great job of concentrating on the single-player experience without trying to shoehorn multi-player into their games just to have it. I hope it stays that way.

Walter Bishop's lab from Fringe series is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts as well (Harvard University). I'm sure it's just a coincidence :)

The mention of small team is a hint of what? To expect experience of aka Gothic 3 forsaken gods? Personally I would not prefer to wait another two years added to the time already mentioned to get a decent game.

Look on the bright side there are other good rpg's coming out in 2014 to lessen the burden of waiting.

To be honest I'm glad it's not coming in 2014. My gaming schedule for 2014 is getting crowded.

Way too far off for me to bother getting excited.

I'm likely to love the game, though - and I have no opinion about the area, as I have no idea what it's like in terms of setting/atmosphere.

I never liked post apoc settings at all, so it's not likely to be a big deal.

That said, I actually disliked the New Vegas area in FO:NV more than usual - because the added desert sensation made the whole thing even more barren and bleak ;)

I bet the rumor is true. Because:

-Fallout 4 has been in development since January 2011 by a small team, as the majority were working on Skyrim.
What isn't written here is the key word at the end of the sentence - DLC.
There was probably only one man or two working on bugfixes. The goal was to fix only rare glitches as per Bethesda's internal phylosophy players just adore to experience the same bugs everyone has, but despise when annoyed by something their friends passed without a problem.

- As of February 2013, the team working on Fallout 4 is the size of the team which was working on Skyrim. This is due to Skyrim development ending.
For Bethesda, development ending means also polishing ending. Happened with all their games.

Why on earth would the game details be so secretively held behind closed doors if its more than 2 years away!?

Hmmm... I'm very skeptical about this one. I've never heard of this site before and there are no credible sources. Usually these big leaks like this show up on a more reputable gaming site or at least on gaming message boards. This site looks more like a Reddit knockoff.

And if its coming out in late 2015, why would it be releasing on the 360 and PS3, which would be phasing out at that point?

This all sounds like someone speculating and passing it off as a scoop. That said, I wouldn't doubt that the timeframe is about right - it is probably a ways off.

I guess we'll see...

The mention of small team is a hint of what? To expect experience of aka Gothic 3 forsaken gods? Personally I would not prefer to wait another two years added to the time already mentioned to get a decent game.

That's how it works - you start with a small team to do much of the high-level design work because that part of the process goes much more smoothly and coherently with a team of 12 than it does with a team of 100. Then you bring on the large team once you actually have enough of the overarching design worked out so they all have stuff to do. From what they said about bringing on the full team with the end of Skyrim development, that's the point they're at now.

Back
Top Bottom