Dragon Age: Inquisition - DigiExpo Gameplay

So if they just make a carbon copy of DAO but make it so you don't save the world then it will be interesting and original?
That alone wouldn't help. There is a difference in how the motivation of main character is presented and how self-identification works. In DAO you don't have a choice, you are forced by circumstances and basically you're a mercenary. In DA2 it's an intrinsic reason, it's a personal matter for the main character to save his family.

Of course, saving the world you live in can also be a personal interest. But fighting for survival says nothing in special about your character except that you have an instinct of self-preservation. On the other hand suicide might be an option if the game world is that much in danger that is has to be saved everytime a new game in the series is released. Also Saving the World oftenly forces you to a predefined side of the conflict although you might have sympathies for the opponent.

It has returned for the Sage class in SWTOR; developed by Bioware, too …
(Background : After the infamous "H2F", "make them pay" & "L2P" comment of a dev, one forum member illustrated the currentgameplay oif the SAge class and its mirror, the Sorceror class, with an Benny Hill video in which Benny Hill runs away in circles from policepersons … - Which is, cynics (not just me, I'm just one of them) say/believe to be what the class developers want the Sage class to be played like …)

Well, then they are playing the Sage wrong (if it's a healer).
In PvE story, all you need is the tank companion, who does all the fight, and then you just spam shield and healing stuff, practically standing still. You can put in some ranged attacks, DoTs and CC.

I've no clue about PvP. But there everyone is running around anyways.

Failing to save the world can be interesting too, c.f. FFVI. But I agree it can get dull being cast as the Perpetual Defender Of The Status Quo. How about a game where the world is doomed and we're fighting over what will rise from the rubble? (Or maybe that's Fallout: New Vegas.)

Failing to save the world can be interesting too, c.f. FFVI. But I agree it can get dull being cast as the Perpetual Defender Of The Status Quo. How about a game where the world is doomed and we're fighting over what will rise from the rubble? (Or maybe that's Fallout: New Vegas.)

Or seeing that the world is doomed (per prophecy) and you're fighting to save a little piece of it so people can rebuild in the aftermath...

Anyway, not a BioWare hater here.

Multiple areas? C'mon guys, try to make seamless world, once.

One step at a time...

Really, going by the region visited in Inquisition (from Western Orlais to Eastern Ferelden and all the way to Nevarra up-North). That would be like having the entire of Europe seamless.

I hope they include cameos from the Warden and Hawke, after all imported saves contain their appearances and even the personality as chosed by the players

I hope they include cameos from the Warden and Hawke, after all imported saves contain their appearances and even the personality as chosed by the players

I'm guessing there will be plenty of cameos from characters in the previous games, but I doubt your decisions from DA:O & DA2 will matter much - if at all.

It has returned for the Sage class in SWTOR; developed by Bioware, too …
(Background : After the infamous "H2F", "make them pay" & "L2P" comment of a dev, one forum member illustrated the currentgameplay oif the SAge class and its mirror, the Sorceror class, with an Benny Hill video in which Benny Hill runs away in circles from policepersons … - Which is, cynics (not just me, I'm just one of them) say/believe to be what the class developers want the Sage class to be played like …)

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDnHnXnRhyI

I have read the thread Alrik talks about but what "H2F" "L2P" means?

I have read the thread Alrik talks about but what "H2F" "L2P" means?

L2P - 'Learn to play'. Common in MMOs, where insulting people is so common you don't have time to do it full size ;) H2F is a little trickier, but it seems to mean 'heal to full'. May be SWTOR specific.

Well, then they are playing the Sage wrong (if it's a healer).
In PvE story, all you need is the tank companion, who does all the fight, and then you just spam shield and healing stuff, practically standing still. You can put in some ranged attacks, DoTs and CC.

I've no clue about PvP. But there everyone is running around anyways.

In principle you are right. But then, there's the DD trees as well.

But that's another topic. ;)

L2P - 'Learn to play'. Common in MMOs, where insulting people is so common you don't have time to do it full size ;) H2F is a little trickier, but it seems to mean 'heal to full'. May be SWTOR specific.

Yes, that's right. "heal to full" became an SWTOR-specific meme after a dev's answer towards the Sorceror class (which is the mirror of the Sage class) was published. ;)
In principle, it says that the Marauder - a strong DD class - "cannot heal to full", but the rather squishy Sage/Sorceror classes [primarily oriented towards Healing] can do so,
so, the dev argued, the Sorc/Sage classes are much, much better than the DD classes !

For completeness' sake, I'd provide a link to it, but right now they are patching, that's why their web site is down.

Last edited:
You learn something every day. Thanks guys!

The video got me pretty stoked actually. I adore my skryim, which I am still playing two years later thanks for mods and ENB's and the community at Nexus, but more than ready for a new game to sink into and just haven't found one yet. Project Eternity, DD:OS, DAI, Witcher 3 are all on my radar.

Back
Top Bottom