The Witcher - Sword of the Witcher Music Video

magerette

Hedgewitch
The Witcher's official website has posted news that a music video clip from the band VADER which combines some trailer footage with performance video and music composed by the band has been released, along with a link to a streaming video at Wirtualna Polska
This is how VADER’s frontman – Peter – recalls work done on the clip: “A couple of months ago, CD Projekt RED approached us and asked whether we’d be interested in recording a music track relating to the RPG game “The Witcher”. The game itself, its “feel” and atmosphere, as well as the rather atypical challenge were enough to give it a go. We recorded the “Sword of the Witcher” track in May, and on the 10th of July, with the help of Inbornmedia from Wrocław, shot some videos in the castle in Bolków. To help us in the undertaking we received some music samples from the game’s soundtrack.
More information.

Nice song, and it really fits great with the dark atmosphere of the game. Have to remember that band's name.
Great job guys of Vader

yes, excellent. not too brutal/deathish. maybe it will be on the witcher ost - cd?

You can watch that thing on youtube too. Just put "the witcher vader" in the search box.

Well... yeahh... the song was nice enough but nothing compared to the stuff vader did on "the art of war" for example. the riff was pretty weak - could've been much more technical & in-your-face. Also a few blast-beats here and there would've not hurt :D

I think that is pretty cool stuff, like the mix of themes in there ... that sort of thing works really well here as it did with Bloodlines ...

Weird. I had Witcher filed under "Mmm, interesting," but after seeing this video...

... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

CDP's head Michal Kicinski says here that Nightwish is also involved in some way.

Marketing cooperation. Their music video "Amaranth" will be included with the game. It's all over the German web. (Google nightwish witcher and see for yourself.)

That was actually really tame for Vader. I'm actually more of a Nightwish fan myself, but i'm kinda bummed when it comes to the choice of their new singer. Kinda weak, she's got nuttin on classical powerhouse Tarja imho. Cool tho, I'm glad this project is metal-infused regardless, now i know it's gonna be awesome!

I'm actually more of a Nightwish fan myself, but i'm kinda bummed when it comes to the choice of their new singer. Kinda weak, she's got nuttin on classical powerhouse Tarja imho.

Agreed, but I've been listening to Amaranth a couple times now (more than a dozen actually) and I must say she's growing on me. Different from Tarja of course, but everything still sounds very "Nightwishish" and Annette's voice actually fits quite well.

Pre-loading the Vader video now (slow Internet connection atm :( )

Too bad this stuff won't be included with the North American release, huh? :( I'll try to get some more content from the CD out there.

Too bad this stuff won't be included with the North American release, huh? :( I'll try to get some more content from the CD out there.

Very bad news-:(-I don't mind missing out on the naughty postcard game, of course, but I'd really enjoy this music content. Is it supposed to be "too mature" for us over here? ;)

Last edited:

Thanks, Tom ... we appreciate anything! :)

Agreed, but I've been listening to Amaranth a couple times now (more than a dozen actually) and I must say she's growing on me. Different from Tarja of course, but everything still sounds very "Nightwishish" and Annette's voice actually fits quite well.

The new one is not bad, but for me Tarja was the main attraction, and pretty
much defined their sound. Sad to see her go...

Wow.. I'm a Nightwish fan and I didn't even know that Tarja left the group! (Hey, I just listen to the music, I don't follow all the latest news on everyone..) Well I watched the Amaranth video and I must say that the new lead singer is cool, but she doesn't have that haunting voice that Tarja had. Their background choir music is going to sound a lot more generic from now on I'm afraid. Still, that song is awesome and I can't wait for the new album!

@ Melvil: Okay, I'll bite... yes, maybe metal music and videos look "cheesy as hell" to some, but face it... 99% of all video game scenarios would BE 'cheesy as hell' if they became real life. If it's metal music in general you think is cheesy... well... there is a lot of that out there, but there are some groups that have the most intelligent lyrics in all music. Opeth reigns supreme!!

So what's with the girl at the very end of the Vader video?.. And I love how the first thing Geralt does is check her teeth... Ah, what a romantic he is! lol

I got Blackwater Park recently by Opeth, and it just isnt sinking in. It's my first Opeth cd, and I wanted to see what all the hubbub was about since I know quite a few rabidly devout Opeth fans. It's not bad, I just dont particularly like it.

I do like the vocalist, Mike Akerfeldt. He did some vocals for Katatonia, I really enjoy his work on Brave Murder Day. I'm going to give BWP another spin right now and see if I feel any different, it's been on ice for a couple weeks

I've never been able to get into Opeth either - great lyrics, but musically it's not really my thing. The Vader video wasn't bad, but I think I would have preferred Nightwish for the actual soundtrack, perhaps with Finntroll or Amon Amarth doing the battle music.:)
As for Tarja, yes she has an amazing voice and it's sad that she's gone, but if even 1/2 of what Tuomas says in his open letter to her is true, I can't say I blame the band for firing her.

Back
Top Bottom