Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption - Now Available On GOG

txa1265

SasqWatch
Cool news from GoG.com's "Month of Activision"! The 2000 RPG Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption is now available at GoG.com for $5.99!
Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption is a role-playing game closely based upon the acclaimed pen-and-paper RPG system Vampire: The Masquerade. It tells the story of a French crusader, Christof Romuald, whose perilous quest will see him traveling across the world in both the Dark Ages and modern times. You can choose between a path of good or evil and the choices you make throughout the game will determine which of the many endings will come to fruition. Last but not least it offers a multiplayer narrative mode, which essentially allows you to play an RPG session on-line, with one of the players being the GM.
The game is an 808MB download, and extras include the manual, hi-res wallpapers, artwork and avatars.
More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have my original boxed version. Not a terrible game, but nothing close to the RPG experience of Bloodlines.

Still have my original boxed version. Not a terrible game, but nothing close to the RPG experience of Bloodlines.

I'm of the exact same opinion. Finished the game, but I remember having to force myself through some parts where other parts were good to great.

Probably one of the most frustrating games I've ever tried to play.

Do not give your allies firearms, especially if you use melee yourself. They'll happily empty a clip into your back. :p

Don't know where my first comment went ...

I enjoyed this, but agree with the other comments. It amazed me that there were no side quests, no party choices ...

Best story in a (western) roleplaying game - evar. The 60 cm coffin sized package (with T-Shirt and Soundtrack CD) sits right next to my desk.

Sometimes I find myself smiling at the box and thinking "those were the days...".

Great news! Vampire Redemption is a linear game but make up this by telling a great story, memorible characters etc. I also have the boxed version, but I'm going to buy it anyway. I am still waiting for the Wizards&Warriors release though.

This one certainly had some flaws and less than ideal mechanics. But I played this one through completely at least 3 times over the years. And this is coming from someone who has a chronic disorder that only allows him to get through 4/5ths of most games before stopping for some inexplicable reason.

Had no expectations for this one so was pleasantly surprised and the story was really quite good, better than bloodlines at least for me.

I liked this game better then bloodlines too. More stat customization, powers, equipment. Plus the fact that the game hits both ancient times and modern times was nice. It was a bit difficult though as allies burned through their blood.

I recall redemtion having a great story, memorable characters and nice atmosphere(most of the time)it is however a very exceptional game with many flaws that not many people will like.

And i completely agree, nothing close to Bloodlines which i consider a masterpiece.

I've played Redemption 3 times total. It's definitely a good but flawed game. I always remember it so fondly starting about a year after my last play-through, but when I'm playing it, it tends to be frustrating. It's not difficult, it's just got a frustrating interface and it's harder to do things than it should be.

One of my bigger technical complaints is that I like playing using Ventrue powers of control, but you don't get xps for kills done that way, making it an unrewarding choice.

But I still liked the story and characters and I LOVED having a coterie. Some parts of the story are quite emotionally intense. I'm sure I'll be replaying it again someday.

Crap ... had other stuff on tap for Netbook Gamer articles but looks like this is coming soon ...

Thinking about playing this. I loved Bloodlines, but I'm not sure if I should try this.

Great story, game and accomplishment by Nihilistic with 1998 technology, especially considering who they had to deal with as a publisher. They even pulled off the only online ST/DM mulitplayer mode with considerable assets. They used their own personal company time to create the 1.1 patch, since activision are bunch dicks. Also it was probably the best looking RPG att, not that it's a major priority but still, doesn't hurt. ;)
Post Mortem

PlanetVampireRedemption

Downloads

I loved reading that post-mortem ... I had found it when searching for solutions to the Mac video issues, they did a great job laying it all out.

Me too, I really miss Nihilistic in the PC gaming industry, they have mostly been doing console and they did one for Blizzard that didn't get released, called Ghost, iirc.

Me too, I really miss Nihilistic in the PC gaming industry, they have mostly been doing console and they did one for Blizzard that didn't get released, called Ghost, iirc.

I remember Ghost, it was going to be for the Nintendo Gamecube iirc. The game was going to place you in the role of a special ops "Ghost" unit, and used a 3rd person pov, with a heavy emphasis on stealth gameplay. I was disappointed when it got cancelled.

sorta liked it, overall was a disappointment. Locked into one clan, not given enough blood points, and weak as hell for a supernatural creature.

I remember when i was pumping bullets like crazy into a human opponent, barely phasing them. Meanwhile, here I am, an immortal vampire going down like a sack of potatoes quite easily. Just very underwhelming for one wanting to play a vampire.

After making it almost thru, I gave in and gave myself a bunch of bloodpoints and ramped up my vampire powers. THen, I finally had some fun and felt more vampiric, I think they were just too stingy w/ them imo

Back
Top Bottom