Larian Studios - New Status Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Swen 'Lar' Vincke has written a new status update on the Larian forums as they prepare for GamesCom in Germany - where Project D will be announced. A sample:
Once again, this status update comes later than I had hoped for but as Joram surmised in another thread, yes, it’s been busy. We’re going to be announcing one of our new games, project D, at GamesCom in Cologone, this August, and so the pressure right now is to make sure that we have something to show, as well as figuring out how we’re going to show it. Turns out we have very little experience with the latter as in the past these things were always done by a publisher. But now that we’re self-funding all of our games, we have to take care of that part too, and it clearly requires a different set of skills, skills we don’t necessarily have in-house, though we’re working on that.

Our main task at GameCom will be that for the next games we don’t want any more WOW, how come thi game doesn't get more attention? threads, even if we are flattered by all the things you all write in there. I spent quite some time speaking to people “in-the-know” over the past couple of months about how to profile ourselves and our games better, and in the process had to take quite some flak about how we’ve been presenting ourselves to our audiences in the past, but I guess they do have a point. Summarized it boils down to “your website is a mess, you’re not using the social thing like you should, your messaging is a wreck and what the #### is up with your logo ? It looks like washing powder. Oh, and btw, do you call that a presentation ? My Italian designer label toilet paper looks better than that !”
Thanks Zohaib and Alrik!
More information.

Terrible logos never stopped Jowood... Oh wait....

In all seriousness, not that the logo of Jowood hastened their bankruptcy, but If you've never heard of Jowood and see the logo it doesn't exactly send you the message you're dealing with a quality publisher.

GamesCom?? Will Egosoft be there?

The Logo of Larian is now over 10 years old.

I never particularly liked jowood and saw how they added value; Larian on the other hand I think is very customer friendly and lump them with one of the developers I really like (though i don't like all their games). Anyways logo never had much to do with it :)

Seriously I'm glad I have nothing to do with marketing. They are a bunch of assholes who think just because you dont modernize and accept what they think you should be.
Logos and Image designs mean nothing to me and I could care less about social marketing. Try explaining that to me you marketing assholes. End of rant. Lars the big boys are not what you should try to be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom