What games are you playing now?

Silly me. Thought my years of experience in FPS play would translate. NOT! It isn't FPS; it's third person awkward (that's TPA for you acronym lovers) + no quick saves. ;)

The sounds themselves were fine. But the loudness variation was entirely too much to bear. Way too loud and jarring at times… May be I'm getting too old for this sort of thing. ;)

The mouse was OK. It was just odd that 2 fire you had to press and hold one button (aiming mode) plus push another to actually fire. One button would have been enough, thank you. No remapping would fix that.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's not much carry-over from FPS to third-person regarding controls. Like I said, the controls are fine with a bit of tweaking. Not the best, but I've seen worse.

How did you get around the engine design that requires 2 buttons to fire? 2 buttons to fire would never be fine for me, no matter what keys are mapped.

About finished with the game, and I am used to it now. I just walk around with the weapon drawn most the time, since the drawing animation takes too much time, and then I'm insta-killed when surprised.

Problem is, that you can't run when drawn, and to undraw takes animation time, before you can run. It's just a bad design for a game that requires quick actions/reflexes to survive.

The game IS fun, it just has some flawed design choices that make the game more awkward than it should be.

Just hit chapt III on Witcher, 2nd playthru. Love this game!

Being able to cruise the cemetary and the werewolf thing is cool, thankfully there's a new enemy type rolled out too. That said, chapt 3 is still probably my least-favorite part of the game. Too much back and forth thru the sewers, trekking around like crazy.

I think they ought to make it clear too that you cant get into the cemetary in chapt 2 instead of giving you those quest teasers. I spent god knows how much time running back to Thaler and Meis trying to see if they'd let me in yet.

I'm playing Super Mario Brothers 2 with sonny... and Morrowind all by myself.

Legend of Dragoon
Knights of the Chalice
Avernum 6
Drakensang
Temple of Elemental Evil
Wizardry 8
A couple of the gold box games
And I just started playing the original NWN, I had only played it over LAN with my wife on the main campaign, But i reinstalled and i am trying a "persistent world" server - and it's a custom made world. Didntt think it would be so fun!

Started The Westerner two days ago - AND IT RUNS !!! :)

THis is incredible - although it's an NVidia card on the "gaming PC", too, like in the "office/work PC", I have NEVER been abl to play that game on my "work PC" - it ALWAYS crashed !

And NOW, on a fairly clean system - IT JUST WORKS !!!

I still can't believe it. :)

I think I should make an image of the whole system soon …

Just completed Icewind Dale (including Heart of Winter) with a duo:
1. Fighter/Cleric multiclass.
2. Thief/Mage multiclass.

A bit hard the first few levels, but as soon as I had proper buffs it was fairly smooth. Had a lot of fun. In fact, I had more fun than I've ever had in IWD. Great game.

I want to try something similar in IWD2, but I don't think it'll work out due to how multiclassing worked in 2nd edition vs 3rd edition.

Might just end up with a regular party, we'll see.

Just finishing Swords and Sorcery Underworld. A review will be forthcoming!!

I just finished Dead Space. I started to replay on round 2 with all my uber gear, and quickly saw how easy it became… Still it felt good to be an overpowered monster, after running away from the necromorphs like a little girl on my first play through. ;)

So, what next? Still have HoMM5, TQ:IT, and NWN 2:MotB idling in the background. Maybe Torchlight or Risen or Gothic 3?

Last edited:
Hehe, they're all good. Depends on your mood.
- TQ or Torchlight if you want a hack'n slash.
- Risen is better than Gothic 3 if you want to play a Gothic-y action RPG.
- MotB if you want a deeper/heavier RPG experience.
- HoMM5 if you want a strategy game (obviously).

Im still on VM:Redemption , after countless deaths i reached modern age but it sucks so much that i don't know if i am going to finish it .
Currently considering geopolitical simulator as a potential gaming replacement .

Summer have arrived and I am catching up on games I missed. I am currently playing Assassin's Creed II. In the beginning I was worried that I would continue to do MMORPG-style grinding quests throughout the game, but then I got sucked into it and I am enjoing it. I think it's a major improvement from the first game in so many ways.

This is really a game that works absolutely great with the PC connected to a HDTV with a wireless gamepad. It's just like playing a console game, but with all the glory of a greater graphiccard, max antialisting and all that.

Never heard of it…. Is it a crpg?

It is an adventure game - has a completely different English title …

In English it is called "Wanted", but I cannot find anything about its English version.
It's a very comic-like looking Western adventure game (almost no action, just riddles), the successor of "The 3 Skulls Of The Toltecs", and being followeed by the (according to the press) rather dull adventure of "Fenimore Fillmore's Revenge".

http://thewesterner.revistronic.com/
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/fenimore-fillmore-series
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/wanted-a-wild-western-adventure

It might have been published on other platforms also.
Their web site also says "Wii Ware".

Last edited:
Avencast - surprisingly fun action-rpg I scored off steam for like 2 bucks a few weeks ago. I have to get another hour in before I crash out for the night!

Puzzle Quest 2 demo - The anime style, as is the "big picture" of managing things and laying siege, stuff like that a la PQ1 is gone. This is all about a solo character, leveling them up and getting new equipment. Not a huge fan of the anime thing, but at least the artwork was quality for that style in the prior game - i cant say the same for this one. The game graphics overall are quite poor as well. Seems like they tried to amplify the RPG-ness of character development and such, you get equipment, and weapon attacks and such besides the abilities and spells. and it prolly sounded great on paper to focus on that one aspect. In reality tho, after putting some time in it, it seems like Puzzle Quest has taken one step forward and two (possibly more) back. Wtf happened??

Back
Top Bottom