Two Worlds II: PotFF - Now Available

Last question, do you know the expansion will be released in disc form, or digital purchase is our only option?

Disc form is said to be coming out next month. So far, I believe only the German version is available for pre-order. It is up on Amazon Germany. I know the 'Velvet' GOTY edition which is the base game and the expansion is said to be multi-language. I am not sure if this is true for just the expansion as well.

It may see a UK release but I honestly would not hold my breath for a US one. If you want a box copy in the US you will probably need to import.

*EDIT: It's up on Zuxxez direct now with a small discount and exclusive item (crossbow):
https://secure.zuxxez.com/shop_new/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=flying fortress&language=en

I agree that the promotion for this game is less than it could be, but like a lot of indie games, it seems it gets promotion from Steam and other digital download sites. Both Steam and Direct2Drive have the base game on sale right now on up on their front pages in honor of the expansion's release.

Last edited:
It might help promotion if TopWare, you know, sent out a press release or something.

Also, why did you buy this expansion? I thought you hate this game. :p

Good question. Don't really have a good answer. I don't hate it but I find the execution mediocre at best and I get tired of people saying how good it is compared with Oblivion, which I find ridiculous.

But I love an open-world game (in theory) and I bought "2" hoping it would be much better than "1". Then the expansion sounded more creative (flying pirates!) and I grabbed it on a whim.

Bit disappointed it's a separate game...silly me. :)

I don't hate it but I find the execution mediocre at best and I get tired of people saying how good it is compared with Oblivion, which I find ridiculous.

I personally enjoy it much more than Oblivion. To each his own.

Bit disappointed it's a separate game…silly me. :)

I was kind of disappointed at that at first, but really it doesn't make that much of a difference as I'm mostly interested in playing the new quest lines and areas at this point.

Also, without going into too much detail, playing through it there's a story reason why you can't leave the area. I suppose they could have pulled a Dead Money and forced you to stay there until you complete the quest, but functionally the separate campaign isn't much different than that save taking your character back to the main area in the end.

Okay, played the game for about 4 hours tonight. First of all, it's crashing about every 45 minutes, so that's a negative. I've also forgotten much of the systems, so a lot of my time was spent messing with the spells and crafting stuff. In theory, the crafting is very powerful. In practice, it is kinda tedious dismantling everything.

As far as the new game itself, I'm getting the vibe of the first island in the original. There's not many people to be found at all and the voice acting has been average, at best. The running around and the combat is still entertaining though and that's what you spend most of the time doing. You'll find journals conveniently left lying around that start to spell out what is really going on. Boat travel has been improved. Landing and launching are automated, instead of trying to wiggle your ship out to ocean. I'd say it's in need of a stability patch, but it's definitely playable.

I honestly have not had any crashing, but then again I never did with the base game either.

On the other hand, I am convinced Gamebryo games hate me and personally have it in for me. I always have issues with Gamebryo engine games.

I personally enjoy it much more than Oblivion. To each his own.

I can't understand that but fair enough.

I was kind of disappointed at that at first, but really it doesn't make that much of a difference as I'm mostly interested in playing the new quest lines and areas at this point.

It's not a big deal - I just thought it would be nice to be integrated.

Integration would be nice, as would the ability to pop back to the merchants on the mainland. They can explain this away lorewise, because it takes a special type of teleport to travel the longer distances and the islands just don't have one.

As far as the crashing goes, I really haven't looked into it very deeply yet. It could just be an outdated video driver or something easy like that. I save frequently enough that an occasional crash doesn't devestate me. I will say that getting surrounded is a really bad idea now. Two isn't bad, but if you've got 3 or more swinging at you, life gets bad quickly.

Back
Top Bottom