Divinity 2 So: About All These Side Quests.

Rills

Sentinel
I bought this game over two years ago (The Dragon Knight Saga) but never got out of chapter 1 for several reasons (life demands, time, and all these quests). I just now decided to fire it up again and start fresh.

I know that to a degree there is a certain amount of freedom but I also know that if one is not careful the amount of quests can overwhelm you to the point of getting lost in all the details.

I want to avoid the quagmire that I created for myself and enjoy the game. So, how did you handle all these quests without getting bogged down?

Thanks.

Nearly every quest will solve itself if you just wander around long enough. You can basically ignore them and just make sure to talk to the various townspeople every time you're back at their location.

Often mindreading folks will give more quests and more rewards and some folks can be mindread more than once. If a character changes location or is involved in multiple quests, it might be good to give a 2nd mindread. Saving and then mindreading will save you a lot of coin. If the mindread doesn't benefit you, reload. I kept a save that I just called mindread, for these occasions.

You might want to do the side quests before you do too much of the main quest. The side quests might just become unavailable at some point..

Thanks for the replies. Now I have one other question that is probably simple in nature but I forget how to do it and even with searching i have not found the answer.

It is this: How do you transfer either a skill or an item to be used in the slots provided that uses keys 1-8? Noobish I know but thanks.:blush:

Open the menu (either on the inventory or skills screen, doesn't matter) click on the slot, click on the skill tab, select skill, done.

Worked JonNik, thanks. ;)

I have just defeated Amdusias is Maxos' Temple and the only thing left to do before moving on to Sentinel Island is either return Lovis' Soul Stone or destroying it. Was wondering what other players decided to do; would love to hear your reasoning. Seems Lovis has tons to answer for but so do some of the ghosts and yet some the ghosts were/are innocent.

He was a wantonly cruel, murderous, deviant bastard/Tyrant, as you get by digging into the history and talk with the ghosts . A lot of the Ghosts were fine examples of the casual stupid evil you find in mankind but Lovis was a true monster and I'd rather have a couple of dumb mean bastards get a break (after all they did serve their time ;) ) if it gets a few innocents (stupidity or misplaced loyalty was the worst of their crimes) one too.

I let him rot in both my play-throughs ;)

Yeah, for all the levity you can usually find in their games Larian does try to put its finger on more "serious" or relevant themes than your average run of the mill hack and slasher.

That they do so without taking their selves too seriously (while still keeping in character and doing it in a tasteful way, generally speaking) is only a good thing in my book.

Their games are a wonderful change of pace from the usual miserablist Gothic fantasies (games ranging from PST to Dark Souls I guess) or grim apocalyptic tales of defeat (Lately the Banner Saga) that I am usually taken with. :) I believe the only one that does it better imo, is PB (the kind of gritty dry humor they interject in their games is a bit more suited to my temperament than the somewhat wacky Larian one).

Ooops got myself rambling a bit. Apologies. You just reminded me that I need to get down to finishing my 2nd play-through one of these days, so I can finally play DKS :)

I freed the ghosts, as they were innocent. Besides, the reward from Lovis wasn't all that if I recall correctly.

I freed Lovis, as he's a ghost after my own heart :D

Well I went with Lovis but if I had to do it all over I believe I would side with the ghosts. And Maylander is right the reward isn't all that great. :p

Anyway, finally was able to defeat Laiken and now I am a dragon defending my tower but -- ugh -- I am never good at FPS and those enemy towers shred me. Is there a way to heal the Dragon aspect? Any tactics I should employ? Thanks.

Open the inventory and use a healing potion ?

Later you will get a relevant power too…

P.S. I used to get near the towers and burn them up with the dragon breath. Use space for a short burst in flight (i.e to move close to burn and them back or to dodge sideways)

Well I figured it out by checking my skills and dropping the Dragon Heal that was there into slot 2 (duh me). What is weird is that even though it says I have a skill point in the Dragons Breath the game would not allow me to drop it into a skill slot.

Anyway, I am now exploring the Throne Room. Btw, how does one store gems, ore, rocks, and herbs/plants whereby they can be transferred to your workers? I need the space before exploring further.

Sorry for all the questions but this game is not clear on a number of game mechanics. Thanks.

Update: Never mind, got the answer from another source.

Last edited:
No problem about the questions. Keep them coming. Just so long as I remember to check back here or my eye falls on the thread personally speaking ;)

Okay here is one for you (or anyone): How do I get pass the anti-dragon barriers to move along this game? As a Dragon you can't fly high enough over the mountain ranges.

In human form I have tried walking and swimming to no avail.

Through the various teleporting platforms.

They are linked in pairs. You use one and teleport to the next, then turn a knob on the next to change the next hop. Your final target is to teleport within the port.

The correct sequence/path escapes me right now but I Imagine that this is something you want to discover yourself (expect a couple of tough battles in human form on the first few hops). If not let me know and I'll see If I have time to fire the game up to check (no promises ;) ).

Or someone else remembers the exact sequence ?

The only teleporting platforms I can access at the moment is the one next to Simeon the Blind Philosopher and it tells me that it is inactive and I can't activate it.

I have decided to attack the ballistas and nests even as they are behind the barrier. Got one ballista down and a nest but then I died so I called it a night. :p

No I am pretty certain that there is one that will get you within the first Bunker.

Ofcourse you also have stuff that you can do before that too. Met the Patriarch yet i.e. ?

As I doubt I will have time to actually fire it up today I googled this (sounds accurate re. the teleporter's location) Copy pasting it here:

Facing the bunker on the mountainside in Orobas Fjords, fly around the bend to your left and land on the stone platform jutting out from about halfway up on the center cliff (the one that divides the water into two rivers). There's a teleporter there which will transport you inside the barrier around the bunker- from there climb up the nearby ladder and kill the Black Ring warriors inside. Upstairs you'll find three levers that will deactivate the barriers around that area. For the flying fortresses, you have to fly from platform to platform looking for little electrical generators - destroy these to take down the barriers. For the barriers protecting the Champion Harbor and High Hall… I'm still working on that one myself. Lastly, to get rid of the barriers near the end of the canyons, attack the goblin city on the cliffside in your dragon form and take down the huts glowing with electricity.

You should probably do the Patriarch first though.
The entrance to the primordial cave is behind the waterfall. Land on the beach and defeat some goblins first iirc?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom