Dragon Age: Inquisition - Collector's Edition

aries100

SasqWatch
In this thread at the Bioware forum, ElitePineCcne tells us that there will be a DA:I
Collector's Edition. A quote about what's in the Collector's Edition:

Cloth map of Thedas drawn to scale measuring approximately 14" x 17"
72 card Major and Minor Arcana tarot card deck with custom artwork depicting mythology and mysticism from Dragon Age lore.
Inquisitor full scale six tool lock pick set
One set of four full scale map markers each approximately measuring 3.5" x 2.5" x 3"
Inquisitor's Badge
Inquisitor Badge
Quill and Inkpot
40-page Inquisitor's Journal
Orlesian Coins
Limited edition SteelBook case
You can also check out the pre-order links for USA, UK and Canada.
No info on the rest of Europe, though.

More information.

Thinking in get the Digital Deluxe version, except if the yet-to-be-revealed Inquisitor Edition is digital too...

Inquisitor full scale six tool lock pick set
Now this might be very handy. :evilgrin:

Okay the cloth map too… I can always use it to clean crap around toilet seat.

[EDIT]
Wait a minute… $170 in USA? I guess that means 170€ in EU when available. Sorry but IMO that's asking too much.

Now this might be very handy. :evilgrin:

Okay the cloth map too… I can always use it to clean crap around toilet seat.
Funny you say that if it was some European Developer that offered a cloth map, and Collector Edition everyone would be commenting on how great it is.

I so love double standards, but then again I use them also.:)

As for me I just want the digital copy with all the DLC crap. My mind is weird I know. If I don't get all the DLC I feel like I'm missing something while playing.

LOL and here was me thinking that Inquisitor will be more into thumb screws than lock picks!

Funny you say that if it was some European Developer that offered a cloth map…
Eh?
Um… It doesn't matter where the developer is from.
I actually would want to have (and use!) that lockpicks set, and would probably trash the rest of the package soon after the purchase or giveaway to friends who adore cards and etc, but the price is a huge turnoff.

I'm predicting future replies in this thread Joxer. I just used yours an example.;)

The rest should be incoming in 5…4…3…2…1…Now.:smug:

The only thing interesting to me in that CE is the tarot cards. I'm not paying $200 (Canadian) for that. I guess I'm going for the Digital Deluxe for the soundtrack.

I already have a cloth map of Thedas anyway (from the DAO CE)

Thinking in get the Digital Deluxe version, except if the yet-to-be-revealed Inquisitor Edition is digital too…

I think that this CE is the Inquisitor Edition.

The Digital Deluxe really seems like the best option right now (unless you don't want the soundtrack, than go normal edition on a digital retailer other than Origin, it's cheaper).

I might by these collectors editions if they included the hard cover strategy guide. I buy them for all my big rpg's but only use them for second play throughs except for character creation and game mechanics parts.

Plus they look great on a bookshelf.:)

Bastards. I was so going to boycott this…

Edit: PC is US only, and Gamestop not even shipping worldwide? Bastards! I'm so going to...

Sounds like whoever is going to get collector's edition is ready for the cosplay!! I can imagine some die hard fans wearing inquisitor badge and writing their version of journal after each days DA:I play through :lol:

You mean I get to collect cheap pieces of mass produced plastic and paper in the hope that some day it will have value? Hmm... no.

$170? Heh.

And here I thought that $120 for the FO3 "survival edition" was grotesque and obnoxious. I guess there's no real limit on raising the bar for exploitation; as long as suckers fanboys buy the junk, it'll keep getting minted.

I think that this CE is the Inquisitor Edition.

The Digital Deluxe really seems like the best option right now (unless you don't want the soundtrack, than go normal edition on a digital retailer other than Origin, it's cheaper).
Checking some Bioware tweets now and this one really is the Inquisitor Edition and not a basic CE

Last edited:
Bastards. I was so going to boycott this…

Edit: PC is US only, and Gamestop not even shipping worldwide? Bastards! I'm so going to…

PC is not US only. Other selected retailers should show it available soon (aka in a few days) from what I read on the official forums.

And here I thought that $120 for the FO3 "survival edition" was grotesque and obnoxious.
You thought correctly.

I wonder if the folks making kids cereal know about this? Instead of giving away those toys for free, they should be selling the "Collectors' Edition" Fruit Loops for $110 per box! They could even throw in a real cloth napkin!

I pledged $180 on Project Eternity to get the cloth map. The feelies are something missing from most modern games, IMO!

While I am tempted… it also looks like a bit too much.

I say, give me the cloth map, the cards, and coin and I'd say yes. But the chest, the warpieces, the journal and all that would just be more "trash" littering my rooms.

EDIT: Ok and why has the Inquisition a badge looking like a crossover of Illuminati and Cthulhu? Is the Maker the bad guy? Maybe in the end the entire Chantry is an organization like the Fellowship in Ultima VII, heh. Would not surprise me at all.

It's my gripe with the entire DA3 setting. I always hated the Chantry, and now I am supposed to lead it's Nazi Enforcers? Not sure if want…

While I am tempted… it also looks like a bit too much.

I say, give me the cloth map, the cards, and coin and I'd say yes. But the chest, the warpieces, the journal and all that would just be more "trash" littering my rooms.

EDIT: Ok and why has the Inquisition a badge looking like a crossover of Illuminati and Cthulhu? Is the Maker the bad guy? Maybe in the end the entire Chantry is an organization like the Fellowship in Ultima VII, heh. Would not surprise me at all.

It's my gripe with the entire DA3 setting. I always hated the Chantry, and now I am supposed to lead it's Nazi Enforcers? Not sure if want…

The Inquisition badge is a sunburst with an eye in the middle and the sword of mercy going through it. It's a combination of the Seeker of Truth and Templar symbols. The sunburst looks funky on the badge though.

Also, the Inquisition is not the Chantry Nazi Enforcers. The original one even pre-date the Chantry.

Back
Top Bottom