Two Worlds (1.6) & Two Worlds: Temptation

... you mean you didn't like the hero sounding like the Guvernator trying to do Shakespeare? :D

Uh... well... perhaps because it's more fun?
I thought the purpose was not to kill everything as fast as possible,
but to have fun.

Sorry, but does not compute. If my goal in the game is to kill monsters, then I'm going to do it as efficiently as possible - I'm not about to place artificial limitations on myself just because the game doesn't.

Why? And what is the relationship to Gothic? I can't see any similarities...Gothic needs carefully timed blocks and blows to from combos after your skill has advanced enough; as far as I can tell, I get the best result from 2W by button-mashing Diablo-style.

Diablo sold more than any other "rpg" game (7.5 million units) so I guess somone did like the simplistic combat. I didnt like it though but I did like divine divinity and two worlds and both of those have simplistic combat. I like shooters too and combat in those is often pretty simple too with limited inventory.

But if you think the game is too easy (I play it on hard) and its still not fixed in the patches Im sure there is a mod for it if its such a big problem. There were som good mods in the distribution last year allready.

I've already deleted it. It's not a matter of being easy (actually, at the lower levels I found it a bit frustrating finding something to fight without getting mobbed), just not engaging.

Diablo's combat was designed to be accessible for a large, casual audience - the main draw wasn't the combat itself but the loot, remarkably complex skill tree system and Battle.net. Personally, I enjoyed the first Diablo for the incredible atmosphere and hated the second, because I'm not interested in online play, which it focused on.

The Diablo-style combat doesn't work for me in part because 2W presents a gorgeous "realistic" gameworld but breaks that 3rd wall rather hard for me (for example, the ridiculous number of wolves and the mix of fauna and so on). I realise this might be a minor criticism for many people but that sort of gameplay works much better for me as an isometric / overhead perspective.

All of these things would be minor issues if I enjoyed the actual content but I've found the gameworld devoid of anything interesting and the quests banal. Anyway, I figured I must have been missing something but the answer is 2W just doesn't grab me.

I liked it. Now that it is patched to 1.6 it is real enjoyable and the multiplayer is quite fun also. By the way, they are releasing 2 addon packs for pc as well, one of them coming this month. I looked at one of the maps and it has a different approach for the quests as you have to solve the quests to get certains spawns to happen but it has a big objective that you are building to. A necromancer in a castle, or something big and it can be done in a group or solo. Supposed to be 5 new maps and a new town in the first pack and another town and 5 maps in the second. I like the idea of objectives instead of the random quests in multiplayer it has now. Anyway, we will be downloading it next week to find out!

The temptation addon is "free" for those who buy a second copy of the game:

Anyone who bought the Game of the Year edition of fantasy RPG Two Worlds will be able to download a free add-on "tainted blood" from next month.

Naturally I feel royally screwed after buying the royal collectors edition of the game and am now forced to buy a second copy just so i can download som obscure addon from the internet for "free" (nice how they spread that word around even though it isnt). It better be Really good addon to justify it.

Hers a new "elite" mod for those who want more challenge to the game:
http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=31788

Last edited:
That addon thing is not about Temptation.
Temptation is not an addon. That's about the DLC thing. "Cursed blood" or whatever.

Temptation is now officially a sequel and is due in autumn this year.

Temptation does not need the original game and is not available for download for anyone.

That addon thing is not about Temptation.
Temptation is not an addon. That's about the DLC thing.

Temptation is now officially a sequel and is due in autumn this year.

I know but still they shouldnt call addon free if it isnt. I hope theres atleast a dlc option for it or that temptation will include it.

I think the DLC thing is already available to those who bought the re-release. The rest of the world can download it for free in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom